Two users using the same profile

Hi, I've just installed a Win 2003 Server with domain option. When I signed
from my laptop it created a new user with a new Documents and Settings folder.

How can I re-direct that new user to my old Documents and Settings folder? I
don't like the copy solution because I would have two sets of data that will
be different with time (Favorites for instance).

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about users profile

    Gilberto ANAYA wrote:

    > Hi, I've just installed a Win 2003 Server with domain option. When I signed
    > from my laptop it created a new user with a new Documents and Settings folder.
    >
    > How can I re-direct that new user to my old Documents and Settings folder? I
    > don't like the copy solution because I would have two sets of data that will
    > be different with time (Favorites for instance).
    Hi,

    I solve this by (in the registry) changing the profile path for
    the new user to point to the old user's profile folder (the user
    needs to log on at least once first).

    From: Bruce Sanderson (bsanders@junk.junk)
    Subject: Re: Moving a W2K PC between domains
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
    Date: 2002-08-05 17:32:49 PST
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=uz48D%24NPCHA.612%40tkmsftngp08

    If the user is not a local admin, you might need to to something on the
    permission side. Use tip 4631 and 2240 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at
    http://www.jsiinc.com as a guide.

    More here as well:

    Subject: Lost profile when domain name changes
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory/browse_frm/thread/911123d016f22ef1/3df2c9e942dd2f87#3df2c9e942dd2f87

    HOW TO: Restore a User Profile in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;314045

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Microsoft Windows XP