ATi Radeon 9700?

errr

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2004
How does it compare with the new video cards such as the X600, 9600XT etc..? And one other thing is how do i tune the video card so i can watch the tv on my computer? Thanks

It's not in the same league as the latest video cards (X800), but it's certainly closer to the ATi 9800 than the 9600. I'm not exactly sure how it stacks up against the X600.

Have a look <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17866" target="_new">here</A> for more details.

I have the 9700 (non-Pro), it performs very well and I'll stay with it for a while yet.

:eek: I'm the good time that was had by all :eek:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The 9700 is faster than the 9600XT. It's an ealier version of the 9800 Pro. You can't watch TV with a 9700 unless it's an All In Wonder version, which comes with a software tuner application for the TV tuner.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

errr

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2004
yeah i got the AIW one. But i have no idea how to get the software as i bought the computer 2nd hand :( ill go look on the Ati site. Thanks neway

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can download everything you need there.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

errr

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2004
yeah ive already installed the drivers but cant seem to get the tv to work... ive passed the compatability tests too, now i have no idea wat to do, anybody got ideas?
Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Did you also download and install the MultiMedia Center (MMC) applications?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Do you get the MMC menu with the TV button? Do you have a TV startup link under programs?

pat

Expert
DiD you connect the small wire behind with the blue connector in the audio line-in of your computer? it need that to either check the tv or a DVD

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!