modem

July 4, 2005 10:45:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.computer.workshop,alt.computer.workshop.live,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I would appreciate the help of those who know more than me.

Having recently reinstalling WXP and Office I have been plagued with
shutdown and reboot.on checking the event viewer the last entry has been

'The remote access manager entered the running state' followed by 'system
error' with the event properties showing 'event ID 1003 Cat(102)error code
000000f4, parameter 1 00000003, parameter 2 826e27b8, parameter 3 826e292c,
parameter 4 805f9f88.

In a attempt to get stability I have now disabled the remote access connect
manager and the remote access auto connection manager in admin services and
temp removed the telephone connection. in doing so I realised that I have
two modems. the older Hayes modem which I used before I switched to WXP and
the winmodem installed via the office suite which is the one that I use
Should I find that I need to permanently remove the Hayes modem and card
where will the telephone line plug into.

Georgy boy

More about : modem

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:05:01 AM

"G W Mortimore" <george.mortimore@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:D ac041$adl$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>I would appreciate the help of those who know more than me.
>
> Having recently reinstalling WXP and Office I have been plagued with
> shutdown and reboot.on checking the event viewer the last entry has been
>
> 'The remote access manager entered the running state' followed by 'system
> error' with the event properties showing 'event ID 1003 Cat(102)error code
> 000000f4, parameter 1 00000003, parameter 2 826e27b8, parameter 3
> 826e292c, parameter 4 805f9f88.
>
> In a attempt to get stability I have now disabled the remote access
> connect manager and the remote access auto connection manager in admin
> services and temp removed the telephone connection. in doing so I realised
> that I have two modems. the older Hayes modem which I used before I
> switched to WXP and the winmodem installed via the office suite which is
> the one that I use Should I find that I need to permanently remove the
> Hayes modem and card where will the telephone line plug into.
>
> Georgy boy

If your phone line is plugged into the card, that is the modem you are
using.
It seems you are having trouble differentiating between hardware and
software
Your modem is the actual card plugged into the mother board and where the
phone line plugs into, The names you see on the screen are software drivers.
You are probably having issues with the winmodem driver, Your best bet is
to identify your modem hardware and download the latest driver from the
manufacturers site.
!