Hey,
Having a problem installing windows xp. After formatting hard disk
and it is about to setup windows an error msg comes up saying a file
cannot be copied. I have the option of skipping the file but it says
this for alot of files so i cant install xp. What is problem here and
how can i fix?,

Thx

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-XP-Install-Problem-ftopict553056.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1754217

DAMD wrote:
> Hey,
> Having a problem installing windows xp. After formatting hard disk
> and it is about to setup windows an error msg comes up saying a file
> cannot be copied. I have the option of skipping the file but it says
> this for alot of files so i cant install xp. What is problem here and
> how can i fix?,

Clean your CD - check for scratches.
Try a different CD Drive if you can.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

kelly

also, how old is the computer? could be bad RAM...

"" wrote:
> DAMD wrote:
> > Hey,
> > Having a problem installing windows xp. After formatting
> hard disk
> > and it is about to setup windows an error msg comes up
> saying a file
> > cannot be copied. I have the option of skipping the file
> but it says
> > this for alot of files so i cant install xp. What is
> problem here and
> > how can i fix?,
>
> Clean your CD - check for scratches.
> Try a different CD Drive if you can.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Hey,
Thx for reply i try several cds and hve same problem this is a new pc
that i just bought i replace hd and rom drive still same problem is it
ram?, what can i do to fix?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-XP-Install-Problem-ftopict553056.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1755819