rename font?

JS

How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
: and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?

Malke

js wrote:

> How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
> : and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?

Right-click a file and rename it. Enable the ability to see hidden file
extensions from the View tab in Folder Options so you can see the
".ttf" part of the file name. Don't change the extension.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

JS

Thanks Malke,
When I right-click it, the rename item is disable? any ideas?

"js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
> : and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?

You don't actually give the font a new name, but you can give the file a new
name.
Copy it to a directory other than the fonts directory. Rename the file- take
read only attributes off if needed, it will often be set when copied off a
CD- then move to the fonts directory.

JS

Thanks Alan,
Can I give font a new name and how? please advice.

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message

> "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
>> : and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?
>>

> You don't actually give the font a new name, but you can give the file a
> new name.
> Copy it to a directory other than the fonts directory. Rename the file-
> take read only attributes off if needed, it will often be set when copied
> off a CD- then move to the fonts directory.

Try this:
(Not personally used but it was the first renamer in my list)
http://www.neuber.com/free/fontrenamer/

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
>: and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?

JS

Thanks Alan,
I tried it. but don't know how to do this:
FuturaBlack BT.ttf need to change the Typefacename to: Futura Bk BT?

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> Try this:
> (Not personally used but it was the first renamer in my list)
> http://www.neuber.com/free/fontrenamer/
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
>>: and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?

js

Just curious..........why would you feel a need to change FuturaBlack BT.ttf
to Futura Bk BT?

Is there another issue here which you have not stated?

Gord

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:26:21 -0400, "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks Alan,
>I tried it. but don't know how to do this:
>FuturaBlack BT.ttf need to change the Typefacename to: Futura Bk BT?
>

>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> Try this:
>> (Not personally used but it was the first renamer in my list)
>> http://www.neuber.com/free/fontrenamer/
>>
>> ...Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
>>>: and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?

That is the font name, it's not the file name. It is the file name you can
change not the font name- that is part of the font put together by the font
publisher and they won't want you to change the name of their font.

> Thanks Alan,
> I tried it. but don't know how to do this:
> FuturaBlack BT.ttf need to change the Typefacename to: Futura Bk BT?
>

> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> Try this:
>> (Not personally used but it was the first renamer in my list)
>> http://www.neuber.com/free/fontrenamer/
>>
>> ...Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "js" <js@someone@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>How can I rename TruType fonts? I installed them off a Fonts CD
>>>: and they are all numbered. Is there a way to rename them?

JS

Just one sample to explain how to change this property? want to change
Typefacename from FuturaBlack BT to Futura Bk BT.
Can I change that? Thanks.

> That is the font name, it's not the file name. It is the file name you can
> change not the font name- that is part of the font put together by the
> font publisher and they won't want you to change the name of their font.

Thanks Alan, can I create a new set of the font and for example name it to
Futura Bk BT?

I haven't tried it but did you try it?
Can you clarify exactly what you want to do?
Do you only want to rename the file name of the .ttf files?
If so, then surely FontRenamer is for that purpose to do it in bulk.
To do one at a time, just rename the files. (Ensure the attributes are
not "read only")

Why on earth would you want to do this?
"FuturaBlack BT.ttf need to change the Typefacename to: Futura Bk
BT?"
You don't want to change the Typefacename and that does not appear to
be what FontRenamer does anyway.

....Alan