My Moniter Problems...

I have a Acer - AC711 Moniter, its a pretty big one..

and a Display Adapter: SiS 650_740

and this is my problem

When my display adapter is enabled when i run some games and programs it
gives me the error: [Error] Can't Create A New Surface. Out Of Video Memory.
This Program Will Now Exit [OK]

But

when i disable the adapter it WORKS... yay... but then i get all these lines
running accros my screen like a patter, 1 dark line then its nothing then
again...

Get a video board that is able to play the games you want to play. And an
SIS video adapter isn't one of them.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"Big Tedz" <BigTedz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Acer - AC711 Moniter, its a pretty big one..
>
> and a Display Adapter: SiS 650_740
>
> and this is my problem
>
> When my display adapter is enabled when i run some games and programs it
> gives me the error: [Error] Can't Create A New Surface. Out Of Video
> Memory.
> This Program Will Now Exit [OK]
>
> But
>
> when i disable the adapter it WORKS... yay... but then i get all these
> lines
> running accros my screen like a patter, 1 dark line then its nothing then
> again...

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

No !

> Get a video board that is able to play the games you want to play. And an
> SIS video adapter isn't one of them.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "Big Tedz" <BigTedz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Acer - AC711 Moniter, its a pretty big one..
>>
>> and a Display Adapter: SiS 650_740
>>
>> and this is my problem
>>
>> When my display adapter is enabled when i run some games and programs it
>> gives me the error: [Error] Can't Create A New Surface. Out Of Video
>> Memory.
>> This Program Will Now Exit [OK]
>>
>> But
>>
>> when i disable the adapter it WORKS... yay... but then i get all these
>> lines
>> running accros my screen like a patter, 1 dark line then its nothing then
>> again...

"Big Tedz" <BigTedz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Acer - AC711 Moniter, its a pretty big one..
>
> and a Display Adapter: SiS 650_740
>
> and this is my problem
>
> When my display adapter is enabled when i run some games and programs it
> gives me the error: [Error] Can't Create A New Surface. Out Of Video
> Memory.
> This Program Will Now Exit [OK]
>
> But
>
> when i disable the adapter it WORKS... yay... but then i get all these
> lines
> running accros my screen like a patter, 1 dark line then its nothing then
> again...

You've kept the games a secret but read the requirements for those games, it
may be that they don't support your graphics card.

but how do i check the specs. of my gfx card?...