til death makes a monk-fish out of me hints

Hi, I was hoping someone might give me a push in the right direction
for 'Til Death Makes a Monk-Fish Out of Me! I'm stuck and can't find
any walkthroughs (and the built-in hints are partially disabled) I
have been to the computer room with the bomb, have branded my hand
with the detonation button, and have put the robot arm in the recess
and accessed the list of names (the Doe family). If I try to press
the button on my hand, the game tells me (rather ungrammatically)
Warning! Personal near blast area (or something, I'm paraphrasing).
I've tried selecting all of the names on the list and then doing
anything I can think of. My main question is: Who do I select? And
what precisely am I supposed to do after I select them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jason

Jason Farrell wrote:

> Hi, I was hoping someone might give me a push in the right direction
> for 'Til Death Makes a Monk-Fish Out of Me! I'm stuck and can't find
> any walkthroughs (and the built-in hints are partially disabled)

Not an actuall hint: Set your system's date back, two or three days before
the date when the last-level hints expire. (The date is shown by the game
in some of its meta-game commands (ABOUT, HINT, or whatever, I forgot).

"Nikos Chantziaras" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<2ie71gFlt5p5U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> Jason Farrell wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I was hoping someone might give me a push in the right direction
> > for 'Til Death Makes a Monk-Fish Out of Me! I'm stuck and can't find
> > any walkthroughs (and the built-in hints are partially disabled)
>
> Not an actuall hint: Set your system's date back, two or three days before
> the date when the last-level hints expire. (The date is shown by the game
> in some of its meta-game commands (ABOUT, HINT, or whatever, I forgot).

That a good idea that hadn't occured to me. Thanks.