Evey step, an adventure!

Hi,

WIN XP w/all updates

Somehow, the game, SPIDER, disppeared from my Hard Drive.

I put the WIN XP disk in the CD Rom Drive,and found SPIDER under Games
and Accessories.

No matter what I did, I could not bring it into my "C" drive. Somehow,
later, it did come in, but it was not in EXE form, but instead .ex_
form.

How can I open it?? I'm lost without it...(my therapy)

Help?

Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about evey step adventure

    Try Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>Add/Remove Windows
    Components>Accesories and Utilities>Games.

    You may have to remove first then re-install.

    Have your CD handy.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On 4 Jul 2005 14:55:26 -0700, "MIke" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >WIN XP w/all updates
    >
    >Somehow, the game, SPIDER, disppeared from my Hard Drive.
    >
    >I put the WIN XP disk in the CD Rom Drive,and found SPIDER under Games
    >and Accessories.
    >
    >No matter what I did, I could not bring it into my "C" drive. Somehow,
    >later, it did come in, but it was not in EXE form, but instead .ex_
    >form.
    >
    >How can I open it?? I'm lost without it...(my therapy)
    >
    >Help?
    >
    >Mike

    Hi Mike,

    The file from the CD is in compressed form. More info here on how to expand a file:

    How to expand Windows XP files from the installation disk
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888017

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "MIke" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > WIN XP w/all updates
    >
    > Somehow, the game, SPIDER, disppeared from my Hard Drive.
    >
    > I put the WIN XP disk in the CD Rom Drive,and found SPIDER under Games
    > and Accessories.
    >
    > No matter what I did, I could not bring it into my "C" drive. Somehow,
    > later, it did come in, but it was not in EXE form, but instead .ex_
    > form.
    >
    > How can I open it?? I'm lost without it...(my therapy)
    >
    > Help?
    >
    > Mike

    Hi

    From Start>Run type

    spider

    Does the game appear?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "MIke" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > WIN XP w/all updates
    >
    > Somehow, the game, SPIDER, disppeared from my Hard Drive.
    >
    > I put the WIN XP disk in the CD Rom Drive,and found SPIDER under Games
    > and Accessories.
    >
    > No matter what I did, I could not bring it into my "C" drive. Somehow,
    > later, it did come in, but it was not in EXE form, but instead .ex_
    > form.
    >
    > How can I open it?? I'm lost without it...(my therapy)
    >
    > Help?
    >
    > Mike

Windows XP