Hercules Fort II DE & Yamaha Tss-1

Taman

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
Been really happy with this combination for a couple years now, but with the introduction of Doom 3 I have an issue I'm having trouble getting around. I've been pretty happy with pro logic in this scenario, but with doom 3 for some reason...I only get 3.1 instead of 5.1. I have no surround at all when the card matrixes Dolby pro logic. I'm using the digital edition of the card so use optical connection between the speaker set and sound card. Anyone have any experience with this or similar combination and have any idea why I have this trouble? Failing that, anyone have a recommendation for a replacement card to compliment this great speaker set?

any assistance would be appreciated

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by taman on 08/19/04 03:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
Why not get an Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS. You will get much better sound from your TS-1 and the gold plated connectors mean a better signal. Also with support for EAX 3/4, 24/96 Audio, DVD Audio, Dolby Digital EX (and even DTS ES on Audigy 2 ZS) your Yamaha system will sound much better and you will be able to enjoy the latest movie and game standards in all their glory!!

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows XP

TRENDING THREADS