New Hard Drive

garry

I have used Norton Ghost to copy my old hard drive to the new one. When I
boot up it appears to boot and windows starts. I then get the first blue
windows screen and it just hangs up.
Anyone got any ideas. I thought if it was an activation issue it would not
attempt to start windows at all
Best Regards
Garry

USUALLY this is because of a hardware change that Windows didn't expect. Can
you boot into Safe Mode? If so, you might try removing your hard drive in
Device Manager - if that's the only change to your system - and then
rebooting to let Windows redetect it.

"Garry" wrote:

> I have used Norton Ghost to copy my old hard drive to the new one. When I
> boot up it appears to boot and windows starts. I then get the first blue
> windows screen and it just hangs up.
> Anyone got any ideas. I thought if it was an activation issue it would not
> attempt to start windows at all
> Best Regards
> Garry

Common symptom if after the cloning, the original hard drive is left as the
boot drive, booted, and allowed to "see" the cloned drive. Then, you make
the physical swap and pull the original hard drive.