ESENET, ese.dll causing system to halt.

Ok heres my problem recently as in the past two weeks, my system decides to
complety halt not allowing anything not even movement of the mouse, which
causes me to reboot manually.
Now what ive managed to get out of this is it may be something to do with my
wireless network as every error report and can find for these fatal crashes
is related to esenet, although i dont know what i can do to solve this
problem as it is very annoying, im new to windows ive always been a linux
user up untill recently so im baffled, error report is as follows (with its
usefull explanation)

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 102
Source: ESENT
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: START_INSTANCE_ID
Message: %1 (%2) %3The database engine started a new instance (%4).

Explanation
There is only one Jet database engine, ESE.dll, per server. However, there
can be one instance of Jet running per storage group. Event 102 signifies
that an instance of Jet has started and indicates which instance has started.

User Action
No user action is required.

Thanks alot for looking at this

This event in the Event Viewer has nothing to do with whatever problems
you're having.

esent.dll is the Server Database Storage Engine. Automatic Updates
(wuauclt.exe) & Windows Update AutoUpdate Engine (wuaueng.dll) use it.
Windows Update AutoUpdate Engine (wuaueng.dll)

These are all only Information, not Errors...
Event ID 100 ESENT wuauclt.exe
Event ID 101 ESENT wuauclt.exe
Event ID 102 ESENT wuaueng.dll
Event ID 103 ESENT wuaueng.dll

See...
Multiple instances of "ESENT" in the Event Log - Windows XP SP2
http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/esent.htm

Unfortunately, I don't know any answers to your problems.

If *you* think that this is the problem, turn off Automatic Updates.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:7B3E3486-6704-4007-8688-24EC732B25A5@microsoft.com,
Graz <Graz@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Ok heres my problem recently as in the past two weeks, my system decides
> to complety halt not allowing anything not even movement of the mouse,
> which causes me to reboot manually.
> Now what ive managed to get out of this is it may be something to do with
> my wireless network as every error report and can find for these fatal
> crashes is related to esenet, although i dont know what i can do to solve
> this problem as it is very annoying, im new to windows ive always been a
> linux user up untill recently so im baffled, error report is as follows
> (with its usefull explanation)
>
> Details
> Product: Windows Operating System
> ID: 102
> Source: ESENT
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: START_INSTANCE_ID
> Message: %1 (%2) %3The database engine started a new instance (%4).
>
> Explanation
> There is only one Jet database engine, ESE.dll, per server. However, there
> can be one instance of Jet running per storage group. Event 102 signifies
> that an instance of Jet has started and indicates which instance has
> started.
>
> User Action
> No user action is required.

------

> Thanks alot for looking at this

Apart from what Wes has suggested,you may see:-

'esent.dll'
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/esent.asp

regards,
ssg MS-MVP