Sign in with
Your question

Display Driver Problems

Last response: in Windows 7
September 4, 2012 3:40:02 AM

I am having problems with my display drivers. Any driver I install for the 670 sc video card causes my PC, on reboot, to go to the loading screen for Win 7 and the display just turns off. It is loseing all signal from the video card. I have done all the Windows updates and installed all the motherboard drivers before trying the video drivers, but I get the same thing. I am only getting 800 x 600 rez at the moment and had the video driver listed as a generic VGA driver.

I have tried all the drivers on Nvidias website with no luck. Tried diferent 3rd party drivers like Omega. They give the same thing or no change at all. Any ideas what is going on?

System Specs.
ASUS SABERTOOTH X79 Socket 2011 X79 ATX
Intel Core i7 3820 LGA 2011
Corsair Vengeance Series 32GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800
EVGA 04G-P4-2673-KR GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked
SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-240G-G25 240GB SATA 6.0Gb/s
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM SATA 6
OCZ Technology ZX Series 1250 Watt ATX Modular PSU
LG 12X SATA Blu-ray Burner with 3D Playback

Thanks in advance
Dormarth
a b $ Windows 7
September 4, 2012 4:58:29 AM

Make sure the monitor is connected with Graphic card not with the motherboard

Spoiler

Not familiar with nvidia driver version...

edit: so if it helps/any change ?
m
l
September 4, 2012 7:30:15 PM

This MB does not have onboard video. So yea, it is hooked to the video card.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
September 5, 2012 2:08:34 AM

Well if u had tried all nv driver it's strange...

It maybe bad port, had u try other port?
did u had another rig to test the graphic card...
m
l
September 6, 2012 10:44:12 PM

only other rig I have to test the card in is dead. The MB went out in it, so Im building the new build. I have tried both DVI ports. This is my 3rd card I have tried. I tried 2 670's and decided to go ahead and get the 680 card, hopeing that would help. Well, it didn't and I am running out of ideas.

I have read somewhere that the onboard audio that is on the graphix card (used for the hdmi output) could be conflicting with the onboard auido on the MB. The Only way I have discovered to turn off the onboard audio on the graphix card was to not install the drivers for it on a fresh install of Winows 7.

Now that I am thinking about it, I have not tried the HDMI port on the video card.*Whacks forhead* Maybe the DVI's are turning off to let the video go through the HDMI port. I AM going to try this theroy out tonightwhen I get home.

If anyone has any more ideas, keep them comeing just incase the HDMI port does not work.

Thsnks in advance
Dormarth
m
l
September 14, 2012 2:39:09 AM

I have got video threw the hdmi port. Can't figure out why the dvi Ports are not working. Any ideas? 8 would love to figure this one out. Just to know its working.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 14, 2012 6:24:20 AM

it could be the cable or the monitor dvi port gone bad since u tried 3 different card....

anyway, I would u go to vga mode (Low resolution in w7) same as enter to safe mode..

Uninstall any display driver, restart and enter vga mode again and reinstall the driver.. see if it works?
m
l
!