System 32 issues

When we start our computer, an error message comes up saying "Error loading
C:\Windows\System32\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found." How
do I get rid of this?
2 answers Last reply
More about system issues

    Hi

    bridge.dll is part of some spyware 'nasty'. Have you checked your system
    for spyware?

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/secur­ity/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Jennifer L" <JenniferL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When we start our computer, an error message comes up saying "Error
    > C:\Windows\System32\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found."
    > How
    > do I get rid of this?

    Bridge.dll is not a valid Windows file, it's part of LoudMarketing's
    spyware.

    see:-
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winfavorites.html

    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453079096

    Start>Run>Regedit>ok
    Navigate to the following registry key:

    In the right-pane, look for the entry named [RunDLL] and double-click it
    to ensure that the value reads Bridge.dll
    Now, delete the RunDLL entry in the right pane.Close the registry editor.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Jennifer L wrote:

    > When we start our computer, an error message comes up saying "Error loading
    > C:\Windows\System32\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found." How
    > do I get rid of this?

Computers System32 Microsoft Error Message Windows XP