  • Microsoft
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
July 4, 2005 9:36:05 PM

When we start our computer, an error message comes up saying "Error loading
C:\Windows\System32\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found." How
do I get rid of this?

More about : system issues

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 5:41:59 AM

Hi

bridge.dll is part of some spyware 'nasty'. Have you checked your system
for spyware?

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.or­g/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloa­ds/cwshredder.zip
Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.co­m/spywareblaster.html

Also see the following links:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.ht­m
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/un­wanted.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/secur­ity/articles/spyware.asp

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Jennifer L" <JenniferL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we start our computer, an error message comes up saying "Error
> C:\Windows\System32\bridge.dll The specified module could not be found."
> How
> do I get rid of this?
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:55:27 AM

Bridge.dll is not a valid Windows file, it's part of LoudMarketing's
spyware.

see:-
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=45...

Start>Run>Regedit>ok
Navigate to the following registry key:

In the right-pane, look for the entry named [RunDLL] and double-click it
to ensure that the value reads Bridge.dll
Now, delete the RunDLL entry in the right pane.Close the registry editor.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP