When I click on "My Computer", the flashlight comes out looking for the
drives - "View System information" etc. but they don't come up. What can I
do to get to see "drive C" and then check the properties?

--
JOB

kelly

Run line 157: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP

"job8223" <job8223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on "My Computer", the flashlight comes out looking for the
> drives - "View System information" etc. but they don't come up. What can
> do to get to see "drive C" and then check the properties?
>
> --
> JOB

Hi,

Start/run msconfig, go to the services tab and disable the line that loads
Windows Image Acquistion (WIA). This often happens when third party drivers
interfere with the native function.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"job8223" <job8223@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on "My Computer", the flashlight comes out looking for the
> drives - "View System information" etc. but they don't come up. What can
> do to get to see "drive C" and then check the properties?
>
> --
> JOB

Start>Run>type Services.msc>ok

From the list of Services(local) scroll down to Windows Image
Acquisition>Right click on it>Click on Stop.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP