dd

I can't use Frontpage 98. I get an error saying there is no server at port 80.

Please help

Do you have any web servers installed like IIS or Personal Web Server ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q150684/

(applies to FP98 too )
--
JonyBrv

"DD" wrote:

> I can't use Frontpage 98. I get an error saying there is no server at port 80.
>
> Please help

You need to upgrade to Windows XP Professional.

Windows XP Home Edition Comparison Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"DD" wrote:

| I can't use Frontpage 98. I get an error saying there is no server at port 80.
|
| Please help

kelly

Check your firewall settings. FP98 works fine in XP. One of the common
issues is having to reset the FP extensions depending on your server.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"DD" <DD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't use Frontpage 98. I get an error saying there is no server at port
>80.
>
> Please help

dd

Thanks! I turned off my Norton Firewall and Frontpage is now working.

"Kelly" wrote:

> Check your firewall settings. FP98 works fine in XP. One of the common
> issues is having to reset the FP extensions depending on your server.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "DD" <DD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't use Frontpage 98. I get an error saying there is no server at port
> >80.
> >
> > Please help

FP 98 requires a web server to operated. WinXP home does not support a MS
web server or FP server extensions.

You can install FP98 via custom install, and do *not* install the FP web
server, then try running disk based webs.

Very quirky at best.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
"DD" <DD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I can't use Frontpage 98. I get an error saying there is no server at port
80.

| Please help

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:42:15 -0700, "Jonybrv"
<Jonybrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Do you have any web servers installed like IIS or Personal Web Server ?
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q150684/
>
>(applies to FP98 too )

Irrelevant. PWS is not included in XP Home, nor is IIS. Further,
neither is supported.

kelly

Great, glad to hear it. Thanks for the feedback and glad all is well. :eek:)