Disk volume errors

Tags:
  • Security
  • Computers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 4, 2012 9:22:26 AM

Hello,
I seemingly have disk volume errors. This all started yesterday when I kept geting a chkdisk message, and the name bootspeed kept coming up. I've never had this before??? So don't know what to do. Chkdisk comes up everytime I start my computer up now??? What can I do, is my computer done!!!

More about : disk volume errors

a b $ Windows 7
September 4, 2012 12:17:56 PM

I would be backing up all Data and getting a new hard drive.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
September 4, 2012 12:43:20 PM

I don't know what is bootspeed either, are you sure that it did not say boostspeed? I think that the hard drive is OK but that a program is crashing when shutting down the computer. Look in event viewer to find the program that is crashing and then use MSCONFIG to disable it.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
September 4, 2012 2:33:54 PM

Open up dos windows with admin rights and run CHKDSK<space>C:<stopsmiley>\F and then reboot. Keep your eyes on the dos text, it will show if the disk has bad sectors and needs replacing or just file allocation screwed up.
m
l
September 11, 2012 6:27:25 AM

Best answer selected by Ella12.
m
l
September 11, 2012 6:29:02 AM

pjmelect said:
I don't know what is bootspeed either, are you sure that it did not say boostspeed? I think that the hard drive is OK but that a program is crashing when shutting down the computer. Look in event viewer to find the program that is crashing and then use MSCONFIG to disable it.

It is boostspeed, I'm sure. I think I made a mistake with the name before. Thank you so much for your help, I will try your suggestion.
m
l
!