Sign in with
Your question

I cant open partition after reinstallation windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
September 4, 2012 11:19:59 AM

Hello,
I have reinstalled Win7 on my laptop nad right now I can't open 2nd partition (D:\) where my files are stored. The box pop-up that an access is denied. Also, partition D: has only NTFS description written down (no any possibility to open properties etc). How it happened? I reinstalled Win without any boot CD, but as a 2nd system on C: drive (the previous was renamed as Windows.old). After that, I deleted this folder. Everything runs fine, only D drive remains not accessable. I've tried to provide a permission for PC user how it was described here, but no any changes. Any thought? Thx in advance.
September 4, 2012 11:32:06 AM

There was an installation already on your computer then why did you install another ? If previous version was not working, you should have formatted it. the previous version was renamed as Windows.old, and you deleted it.What you should have done is disk cleanup. The privilege of accessing D: drive might have gone.
m
l
September 4, 2012 11:39:50 AM

You are right. I made wrong that I didn't format a disc, but .... it happened. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get this privilege of accessing back. Maybe using Linux in order to copy & store files before I will format D: :cry: 
m
l
Related resources
September 4, 2012 12:44:53 PM

Thx for reply. I did it earlier and now once more. Doesn't work. Probably, the problem is with some file on C: that could provide a right permission for user, but I don't know which. Hard task
m
l
September 4, 2012 3:26:57 PM

Success !!! :bounce: 
How to do it?
1. Got to: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/grantperms/
2. Select your version
3. Download
4. Unpack
5. Run: GrantPerms.exe (the log box pops-up)
6. Write: D:
7. Click: Unlock
8. Wait, wait, wait ....
9. Enjoy partition !
suuuuuper
:hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello: 
m
l
!