Infocom Shooters

graeme

Has anybody ever heard of a case of the locale of an Infocom game being
adapted as a level of a First Person Shooter type game?

There are some games where this wouldn't work, like Spellbreaker, and
other games with lots of teleportation triggered by puzzle solving. But games
that take place over a fairly small area (like Ballyhoo or Enchanter, for
example) might be adapted fairly easily into levels of a game like Duke Nukem
or Shadow Warrior, if anyone were perverse enough to do such a thing.

Anybody ever heard of something like this actually being done?

On 23 Jun 2004 05:39:21 GMT, Graeme wrote:

> Has anybody ever heard of a case of the locale of an Infocom game being
> adapted as a level of a First Person Shooter type game?
>
> There are some games where this wouldn't work, like Spellbreaker, and
> other games with lots of teleportation triggered by puzzle solving. But games
> that take place over a fairly small area (like Ballyhoo or Enchanter, for
> example) might be adapted fairly easily into levels of a game like Duke Nukem
> or Shadow Warrior, if anyone were perverse enough to do such a thing.
>
> Anybody ever heard of something like this actually being done?

Not exactly. But in April this year, the opposite was done: someone wrote
an IF version of the first level of Quake. Perhaps you already knew that.

I once downloaded a DOOM WADS called "ZORK." It was short, but kinda neat.

"Ross Presser" <rpresser@imtek.com> skrev i melding

> Not exactly. But in April this year, the opposite was done: someone wrote
> an IF version of the first level of Quake. Perhaps you already knew that.

Also there is FooM. The IF version of the first level of Doom.

Arrgh arrgh ArRGH how do I get across the frigging acid pool GAAAAAARRRRGH!

--

_____

Why settle for the lesser evil? Cthulhu for president!