Double Click Folder it sends me to the Search Results Folder

Hello,

I have a problem. When I double click a folder, I am sent to the
Search Results folder and the content of my folder is not displayed.

To access the files from a folder I need to right-click and click on
the Open command.

This happened two days ago.
I have changed the icons for the folders from My Computer | Tools |
Folder Options | File Types | File Folder.

Immediately after I did that when I doble clicked a folder it was
opened for browsing with ACDSee v 7
I did some research over the Internet and came up to your forum where
I found another post here called: Double Click Folder its Open Command
Prompt"

I have tried to repair my registry using the data from there but all I
could is to get this message when I double clicked a folder.
Access Denied.
I have fixed that now but I still get Search Results when I double
click a folder.

I have tried to update my registry using the info from the other post
but it is not working. It says invalid registry file..

When I go to:
My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types | File Folder
I have these options:
Enqueue In Winamp
Play in Winamp
Add to Winamp’s Bookmark list
find (bolded)

I can not remove or edit any of them.

Confirm open after download. & Always show extension are checked.
Sorry for my possible typing and explaining mistakes.. I am in a
hurry.

Thanks for your time,
Andrew

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Double-Click-Folder-Search-Results-Folder-ftopict553344.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1755747
5 answers Last reply
More about double click folder sends search results folder

    Hi Andrew,

    If you have not made any changes and this happened two days ago then i
    suggest that you run a system restore and revert back to a earlier date.

    Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools and then select System
    restore.

    This will restore the system back to state where you machine was working.

    Doing this you will not loss any data,if you have installed any programs
    since then you would have to reinstall them.

    Hope this helps

    ADEO

    "andrewmacneill" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem. When I double click a folder, I am sent to the
    > Search Results folder and the content of my folder is not displayed.
    >
    > To access the files from a folder I need to right-click and click on
    > the Open command.
    >
    > This happened two days ago.
    > I have changed the icons for the folders from My Computer | Tools |
    > Folder Options | File Types | File Folder.
    >
    > Immediately after I did that when I doble clicked a folder it was
    > opened for browsing with ACDSee v 7
    > I did some research over the Internet and came up to your forum where
    > I found another post here called: Double Click Folder its Open Command
    > Prompt"
    >
    > I have tried to repair my registry using the data from there but all I
    > could is to get this message when I double clicked a folder.
    > Access Denied.
    > I have fixed that now but I still get Search Results when I double
    > click a folder.
    >
    > I have tried to update my registry using the info from the other post
    > but it is not working. It says invalid registry file..
    >
    > When I go to:
    > My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types | File Folder
    > I have these options:
    > Enqueue In Winamp
    > Play in Winamp
    > Add to Winamp’s Bookmark list
    > find (bolded)
    >
    > I can not remove or edit any of them.
    >
    > Confirm open after download. & Always show extension are checked.
    > Sorry for my possible typing and explaining mistakes.. I am in a
    > hurry.
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Andrew

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Double-Click-Folder-Search-Results-Folder-ftopict553344.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1755747

    Hi Andrew,

    Easy fix: Type the following at Start/Run and press enter

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "andrewmacneill" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem. When I double click a folder, I am sent to the
    > Search Results folder and the content of my folder is not displayed.
    >
    > To access the files from a folder I need to right-click and click on
    > the Open command.
    >
    > This happened two days ago.
    > I have changed the icons for the folders from My Computer | Tools |
    > Folder Options | File Types | File Folder.
    >
    > Immediately after I did that when I doble clicked a folder it was
    > opened for browsing with ACDSee v 7
    > I did some research over the Internet and came up to your forum where
    > I found another post here called: Double Click Folder its Open Command
    > Prompt"
    >
    > I have tried to repair my registry using the data from there but all I
    > could is to get this message when I double clicked a folder.
    > Access Denied.
    > I have fixed that now but I still get Search Results when I double
    > click a folder.
    >
    > I have tried to update my registry using the info from the other post
    > but it is not working. It says invalid registry file..
    >
    > When I go to:
    > My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types | File Folder
    > I have these options:
    > Enqueue In Winamp
    > Play in Winamp
    > Add to Winamp's Bookmark list
    > find (bolded)
    >
    > I can not remove or edit any of them.
    >
    > Confirm open after download. & Always show extension are checked.
    > Sorry for my possible typing and explaining mistakes.. I am in a
    > hurry.
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Andrew

    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Double-Click-Folder-Search-Results-Folder-ftopict553344.html

    Hi

    Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 18 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "" wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:
    >
    > Line 18 - right hand side

    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "andrewmacneill" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
    > message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I have a problem. When I double click a folder, I am sent to
    > the
    > > Search Results folder and the content of my folder is not
    > displayed.
    > >
    > > To access the files from a folder I need to right-click and
    > click on
    > > the Open command.
    > >
    > > This happened two days ago.
    > > I have changed the icons for the folders from My Computer |
    > Tools |
    > > Folder Options | File Types | File Folder.
    > >
    > > Immediately after I did that when I doble clicked a folder
    > it was
    > > opened for browsing with ACDSee v 7
    > > I did some research over the Internet and came up to your
    > forum where
    > > I found another post here called: Double Click Folder its
    > Open Command
    > > Prompt"
    > >
    > > I have tried to repair my registry using the data from there
    > but all I
    > > could is to get this message when I double clicked a folder.
    > > Access Denied.
    > > I have fixed that now but I still get Search Results when I
    > double
    > > click a folder.
    > >
    > > I have tried to update my registry using the info from the
    > other post
    > > but it is not working. It says invalid registry file..
    > >
    > > When I go to:
    > > My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types | File
    > Folder
    > > I have these options:
    > > Enqueue In Winamp
    > > Play in Winamp
    > > Add to Winamp's Bookmark list
    > > find (bolded)
    > >
    > > I can not remove or edit any of them.
    > >
    > > Confirm open after download. & Always show extension are
    > checked.
    > > Sorry for my possible typing and explaining mistakes.. I am
    > in a
    > > hurry.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your time,
    > > Andrew
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > > request
    > standards
    > > Topic URL:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Double-Click-Folder-Search-Results-Folder-ftopict553344.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > abuse:
    > > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1755747

    Hello,

    Ok. The command that Anando MS-MVP posted worked perfectly.

    It is now resolved.

    Thanks everybody,
    Andrew MacNeill

    This problem occurs when you alter the "Drive" / "File Folders" entries via
    File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory"
    feature for folders. (example)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    Resolution:

    Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
    (Tip from David Candy)

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    -or-

    To fix this manually via registry:

    If this problem is seen for Drives:

    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    If this problem is seen for folders:

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell]
    Set (default) to "none" (without ")

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "andrewmacneill" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a problem. When I double click a folder, I am sent to the
    > Search Results folder and the content of my folder is not displayed.
    >
    > To access the files from a folder I need to right-click and click on
    > the Open command.
    >
    > This happened two days ago.
    > I have changed the icons for the folders from My Computer | Tools |
    > Folder Options | File Types | File Folder.
    >
    > Immediately after I did that when I doble clicked a folder it was
    > opened for browsing with ACDSee v 7
    > I did some research over the Internet and came up to your forum where
    > I found another post here called: Double Click Folder its Open Command
    > Prompt"
    >
    > I have tried to repair my registry using the data from there but all I
    > could is to get this message when I double clicked a folder.
    > Access Denied.
    > I have fixed that now but I still get Search Results when I double
    > click a folder.
    >
    > I have tried to update my registry using the info from the other post
    > but it is not working. It says invalid registry file..
    >
    > When I go to:
    > My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | File Types | File Folder
    > I have these options:
    > Enqueue In Winamp
    > Play in Winamp
    > Add to Winamp’s Bookmark list
    > find (bolded)
    >
    > I can not remove or edit any of them.
    >
    > Confirm open after download. & Always show extension are checked.
    > Sorry for my possible typing and explaining mistakes.. I am in a
    > hurry.
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    > Andrew

    > request