Disappearing cursor

I have experienced the cursor "shutting off" after several seconds. Typing anywhere not possible - email, word processing, etc. To reactivate, the mouse had to be left-clicked. This began in late May or early June, 2012.

After trying literally everything to resolve, I performed a total system restore back to when the laptop was new. Problem solved.

Obviously, a Windows 7 update has a serious glitch.

I am now getting requests to allow updates and am denying them. How do I keep updates from automatically occuring? I plan to deny updates until I can get Windows 8.
3 answers Last reply
More about disappearing cursor
  1. My cursor disappears sometimes also. I wish all I had to do was left click to get it back. Seems like a pretty painless work around to avoid updates for. How do you know the next update doesn't include a fix? If you haven't seen the W8 preview you might want to have a look. Around here it's going over like a fart in a space suit.
  2. to change windows update settings go to

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Update\Change settings
  3. ram1009 said:
    My cursor disappears sometimes also. I wish all I had to do was left click to get it back. Seems like a pretty painless work around to avoid updates for. How do you know the next update doesn't include a fix? If you haven't seen the W8 preview you might want to have a look. Around here it's going over like a fart in a space suit.

It isn't an easy work around when the cursor shuts off every five seconds. The Windows 8 preview isn't the finished product from what I read.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cursor System Restore Windows 7