Games in Other languages

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 3, 2004 9:51:32 PM

Hi there,

I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
in other languages?

thanks,

Jim

More about : games languages

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 1:19:52 PM

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:51:32 -0400, Jim
<nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
>while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
>in other languages?

There are a number of non-English games at the IF Archive, which can
all be referenced from Baf's Guide:
http://baf.wurb.com/if/language/

If you'd like to try a relatively recent French Inform game, there's
JB Ferrant's 'Filaments':
http://baf.wurb.com/if/game/2044

....and Eric Forgeot has a French Interactive Fiction page with game
links:
http://anamnese.online.fr/if/if.html

....including this one:
http://fa1ckg.free.fr/cecinet/jeuinformfr.htm

Cheers,

Steve
July 4, 2004 1:19:53 PM

Thanks a bunch for the useful links Steve :)

Jim

Steve Evans wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:51:32 -0400, Jim
> <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
>>while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
>>in other languages?
>>

> There are a number of non-English games at the IF Archive, which can
> all be referenced from Baf's Guide:
> http://baf.wurb.com/if/language/
>
> If you'd like to try a relatively recent French Inform game, there's
> JB Ferrant's 'Filaments':
> http://baf.wurb.com/if/game/2044
>
> ...and Eric Forgeot has a French Interactive Fiction page with game
> links:
> http://anamnese.online.fr/if/if.html
>
> ...including this one:
> http://fa1ckg.free.fr/cecinet/jeuinformfr.htm
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve

Related resources
July 4, 2004 1:19:53 PM

One question Steve:

Is it necessary to get the executable/player also in that language?

Jim

Steve Evans wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:51:32 -0400, Jim
> <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
>>while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
>>in other languages?
>>

> There are a number of non-English games at the IF Archive, which can
> all be referenced from Baf's Guide:
> http://baf.wurb.com/if/language/
>
> If you'd like to try a relatively recent French Inform game, there's
> JB Ferrant's 'Filaments':
> http://baf.wurb.com/if/game/2044
>
> ...and Eric Forgeot has a French Interactive Fiction page with game
> links:
> http://anamnese.online.fr/if/if.html
>
> ...including this one:
> http://fa1ckg.free.fr/cecinet/jeuinformfr.htm
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve

Anonymous
July 4, 2004 4:05:01 PM

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:28:44 -0400, Jim
<nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:

>One question Steve:
>
>Is it necessary to get the executable/player also in that language?

No, it is not necessary. The interpreters for the main authoring
systems should all have appropriate non-English character support.

Cheers,

Steve
July 4, 2004 4:05:02 PM

Super!
thanks for the link Steve :)

Jim

Steve Evans wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:28:44 -0400, Jim
> <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:
>

>>One question Steve:
>>
>>Is it necessary to get the executable/player also in that language?
>>

> No, it is not necessary. The interpreters for the main authoring
> systems should all have appropriate non-English character support.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve
Anonymous
July 5, 2004 4:10:22 AM

Just a reminder in case nothing works :

In french IF input verbs are written in the infinitive form :

> ramasser caillou

JB
!