Games in Other languages

Hi there,

I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
in other languages?

thanks,

Jim
6 answers Last reply
More about games languages
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:51:32 -0400, Jim
    <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
    >while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
    >in other languages?

    There are a number of non-English games at the IF Archive, which can
    all be referenced from Baf's Guide:
    http://baf.wurb.com/if/language/

    If you'd like to try a relatively recent French Inform game, there's
    JB Ferrant's 'Filaments':
    http://baf.wurb.com/if/game/2044

    ....and Eric Forgeot has a French Interactive Fiction page with game
    links:
    http://anamnese.online.fr/if/if.html

    ....including this one:
    http://fa1ckg.free.fr/cecinet/jeuinformfr.htm

    Cheers,

    Steve
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Thanks a bunch for the useful links Steve :)

    Jim

    Steve Evans wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:51:32 -0400, Jim
    > <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
    >>while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
    >>in other languages?
    >>

    > There are a number of non-English games at the IF Archive, which can
    > all be referenced from Baf's Guide:
    > http://baf.wurb.com/if/language/
    >
    > If you'd like to try a relatively recent French Inform game, there's
    > JB Ferrant's 'Filaments':
    > http://baf.wurb.com/if/game/2044
    >
    > ...and Eric Forgeot has a French Interactive Fiction page with game
    > links:
    > http://anamnese.online.fr/if/if.html
    >
    > ...including this one:
    > http://fa1ckg.free.fr/cecinet/jeuinformfr.htm
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Steve

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    One question Steve:

    Is it necessary to get the executable/player also in that language?

    Jim

    Steve Evans wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:51:32 -0400, Jim
    > <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>I am learning French and I thought it would be great to play these games
    >>while learning French. Does anyone know where to find games of this kind
    >>in other languages?
    >>

    > There are a number of non-English games at the IF Archive, which can
    > all be referenced from Baf's Guide:
    > http://baf.wurb.com/if/language/
    >
    > If you'd like to try a relatively recent French Inform game, there's
    > JB Ferrant's 'Filaments':
    > http://baf.wurb.com/if/game/2044
    >
    > ...and Eric Forgeot has a French Interactive Fiction page with game
    > links:
    > http://anamnese.online.fr/if/if.html
    >
    > ...including this one:
    > http://fa1ckg.free.fr/cecinet/jeuinformfr.htm
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Steve

  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:28:44 -0400, Jim
    <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:

    >One question Steve:
    >
    >Is it necessary to get the executable/player also in that language?

    No, it is not necessary. The interpreters for the main authoring
    systems should all have appropriate non-English character support.

    Cheers,

    Steve
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Super!
    thanks for the link Steve :)

    Jim

    Steve Evans wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:28:44 -0400, Jim
    > <nospam_doctorpeppercan@netscape.net> wrote:
    >

    >>One question Steve:
    >>
    >>Is it necessary to get the executable/player also in that language?
    >>

    > No, it is not necessary. The interpreters for the main authoring
    > systems should all have appropriate non-English character support.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Steve
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Just a reminder in case nothing works :

    In french IF input verbs are written in the infinitive form :

    > ramasser caillou

    JB

Games Video Games