fibre channel hba and Windows XP

fabio

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

Hi all,
i heard that Windows XP won't support any fibre channel HBA card.

Is that true? What does that mean? No HBA card will work on Windows XP or
Windows Xp does not have any drivers for them preinstalled?

Regards
F.

Byte

Taming HBAs
http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid5_gci922503,00.html
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Fabio" wrote:

> Hi all,
> i heard that Windows XP won't support any fibre channel HBA card.
>
> Is that true? What does that mean? No HBA card will work on Windows XP or
> Windows Xp does not have any drivers for them preinstalled?
>
> Regards
> F.

Drivers for a HBA card are obtainable from the HBA card
manufacturer's web site.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Fabio" wrote:

| Hi all,
| i heard that Windows XP won't support any fibre channel HBA card.
|
| Is that true? What does that mean? No HBA card will work on Windows XP or
| Windows Xp does not have any drivers for them preinstalled?
|
| Regards
| F.

fabio

Distinguished
May 8, 2004

Hi Carey,
thanks for your support.

I'm wondering why i don't find any fibre channel hba in the Tested Product
List in the Windows Marketplace for Windows XP, while there are for Windows
2000. What does that mean?

I had a look here:
http://testedproducts.windowsmarketplace.com/results.aspx?text=fibre+channel