fibre channel hba and Windows XP

Hi all,
i heard that Windows XP won't support any fibre channel HBA card.

Is that true? What does that mean? No HBA card will work on Windows XP or
Windows Xp does not have any drivers for them preinstalled?

Regards
F.
3 answers Last reply
More about fibre channel windows

    Taming HBAs
    http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid5_gci922503,00.html
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Fabio" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > i heard that Windows XP won't support any fibre channel HBA card.
    >
    > Is that true? What does that mean? No HBA card will work on Windows XP or
    > Windows Xp does not have any drivers for them preinstalled?
    >
    > Regards
    > F.

    Drivers for a HBA card are obtainable from the HBA card
    manufacturer's web site.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Fabio" wrote:

    | Hi all,
    | i heard that Windows XP won't support any fibre channel HBA card.
    |
    | Is that true? What does that mean? No HBA card will work on Windows XP or
    | Windows Xp does not have any drivers for them preinstalled?
    |
    | Regards
    | F.

    Hi Carey,
    thanks for your support.

    I'm wondering why i don't find any fibre channel hba in the Tested Product
    List in the Windows Marketplace for Windows XP, while there are for Windows
    2000. What does that mean?

    I had a look here:
    http://testedproducts.windowsmarketplace.com/results.aspx?text=fibre+channel

    Regards
    F.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Drivers for a HBA card are obtainable from the HBA card
    > manufacturer's web site.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Fabio" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi all,
    > | i heard that Windows XP won't support any fibre channel HBA card.
    > |
    > | Is that true? What does that mean? No HBA card will work on Windows XP or
    > | Windows Xp does not have any drivers for them preinstalled?
    > |
    > | Regards
    > | F.

Microsoft Windows XP