Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Howdy All,

I am curious how to remove a workgroup once it is present in a peer-to-peer
network?

Thanks,
Brian

By default unless a PC is part of a domain, it is part of a workgroup. Even
if it is a stand alone PC it is a member of it's own wrokgroup. You can only
remove it from that workgroup by changing the name of the workgroup.
--
That's just like my opinion, Man........

"Brian" wrote:

> Howdy All,
>
> I am curious how to remove a workgroup once it is present in a peer-to-peer
> network?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

What we have are several workgroups (hope I'm using the correct term) under:

My Network Places-->
Entire Network-->
Microsoft Windows Network-->

Then 'workgroups' like:

MSHOME
WORK

and various others people have created and I'm trying to clean up some of
them.

"uggabugga" <uggabugga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> By default unless a PC is part of a domain, it is part of a workgroup.
> Even
> if it is a stand alone PC it is a member of it's own wrokgroup. You can
> only
> remove it from that workgroup by changing the name of the workgroup.
> --
> That's just like my opinion, Man........
>

> "Brian" wrote:
>
>> Howdy All,
>>
>> I am curious how to remove a workgroup once it is present in a
>> peer-to-peer
>> network?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian

I had the same problem when I got to this office. Change them all to one
workgroup name if that is feasable. Make sure this is okay with the users.
Some users need to have a seperate workgroup for specific reason like
software testing.