Outlook Express 6 hangs

July 5, 2005 12:07:03 PM

I believe I did not close the Outlook Express 6 properly. Now when I try to
open it, and it just hangs at the beginning logo, and my computer is very
slow. Maybe the data file is damaged. Is there anyway I can fix it without
losing the information in the data file?

Wilson Chu

More about : outlook express hangs

July 5, 2005 7:16:54 PM

Wilson wrote:
> I believe I did not close the Outlook Express 6 properly. Now when I
> try to open it, and it just hangs at the beginning logo, and my
> computer is very slow. Maybe the data file is damaged. Is there
> anyway I can fix it without losing the information in the data file?
>
> Wilson Chu

Run the system files checker,what it is and how to use it can be found here:
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

Dis you have OE opening to the Inbox folder?
If yes, then search for inbox.dbx. Include hidden files in the search.
Move the inbox.dbx to a new folder.
If OE now opens, then the old inbox.dbx file is corrupt.
This site talks about the possible corruption and recovery.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/f...
--
Ron Sommer

!