Outlook Express 6 hangs

I believe I did not close the Outlook Express 6 properly. Now when I try to
open it, and it just hangs at the beginning logo, and my computer is very
slow. Maybe the data file is damaged. Is there anyway I can fix it without
losing the information in the data file?

Wilson Chu
2 answers Last reply
More about outlook express hangs

    Wilson wrote:
    > I believe I did not close the Outlook Express 6 properly. Now when I
    > try to open it, and it just hangs at the beginning logo, and my
    > computer is very slow. Maybe the data file is damaged. Is there
    > anyway I can fix it without losing the information in the data file?
    >
    > Wilson Chu

    Run the system files checker,what it is and how to use it can be found here:
    http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Dis you have OE opening to the Inbox folder?
    If yes, then search for inbox.dbx. Include hidden files in the search.
    Move the inbox.dbx to a new folder.
    If OE now opens, then the old inbox.dbx file is corrupt.
    This site talks about the possible corruption and recovery.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx
    --
    Ron Sommer

    "Wilson" <Wilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I believe I did not close the Outlook Express 6 properly. Now when I try
    > open it, and it just hangs at the beginning logo, and my computer is very
    > slow. Maybe the data file is damaged. Is there anyway I can fix it
    > without
    > losing the information in the data file?
    >
    > Wilson Chu

Outlook Express Computers Microsoft Windows XP