Computer turn-off without reason!

July 5, 2005 1:06:16 PM

My computer keeps turning off in the middle of games, surfing, documents etc
for no apparent reason. When I restart the computer any unsaved work is lost
and I get a restore desktop recovery message. This has been happening for a
few week and is extremely frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.
--
MaryK thanks you!

More about : computer turn reason

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 1:45:02 PM

Have you checked your power cord to be sure that it is snugly plugged into
both your PC and the powerstrip/outlet? Other possible causes: a brownout
(reduced current) of your house current; a faulty power supply in your PC; or
dust build-up inside your computer that may be causing it to overheat.

"MaryK" wrote:

> My computer keeps turning off in the middle of games, surfing, documents etc
> for no apparent reason. When I restart the computer any unsaved work is lost
> and I get a restore desktop recovery message. This has been happening for a
> few week and is extremely frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.
> --
> MaryK thanks you!
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:49:04 PM

Thanks "jeepgirl" I shall investigate forthwith and let you know the outcome.
--
MaryK thanks you!

!