Computer turn-off without reason!

My computer keeps turning off in the middle of games, surfing, documents etc
for no apparent reason. When I restart the computer any unsaved work is lost
and I get a restore desktop recovery message. This has been happening for a
few week and is extremely frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.
--
MaryK thanks you!
2 answers Last reply

    Have you checked your power cord to be sure that it is snugly plugged into
    both your PC and the powerstrip/outlet? Other possible causes: a brownout
    (reduced current) of your house current; a faulty power supply in your PC; or
    dust build-up inside your computer that may be causing it to overheat.

    "MaryK" wrote:

    > My computer keeps turning off in the middle of games, surfing, documents etc
    > for no apparent reason. When I restart the computer any unsaved work is lost
    > and I get a restore desktop recovery message. This has been happening for a
    > few week and is extremely frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.
    > --
    > MaryK thanks you!

    Thanks "jeepgirl" I shall investigate forthwith and let you know the outcome.
    --
    MaryK thanks you!

    "jeepgirl" wrote:

    > Have you checked your power cord to be sure that it is snugly plugged into
    > both your PC and the powerstrip/outlet? Other possible causes: a brownout
    > (reduced current) of your house current; a faulty power supply in your PC; or
    > dust build-up inside your computer that may be causing it to overheat.
    >
    > "MaryK" wrote:
    >
    > > My computer keeps turning off in the middle of games, surfing, documents etc
    > > for no apparent reason. When I restart the computer any unsaved work is lost
    > > and I get a restore desktop recovery message. This has been happening for a
    > > few week and is extremely frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.
    > > --
    > > MaryK thanks you!

Data Recovery Computers Microsoft Windows XP