A New Blog

I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/
12 answers Last reply
More about blog
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407101435.469878b7@posting.google.com>...
    > I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
    > has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
    > which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
    > I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
    > It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
    > http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/

    Hi Jon,

    This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    design template.

    Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    there... =)

    --Arnel
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in message news:<39ff5340.0407102007.d89c426@posting.google.com>...
    > justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407101435.469878b7@posting.google.com>...
    > > I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
    > > has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
    > > which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
    > > I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
    > > It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
    > > http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/
    >
    > Hi Jon,
    >
    > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > design template.
    >
    > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > there... =)
    >
    > --Arnel

    I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. I like the template but
    maybe with my few html skills, I can make it better. Thanks for the
    info, did you like the article though?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407110700.33871150@posting.google.com>...
    > jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in message news:<39ff5340.0407102007.d89c426@posting.google.com>...
    > > justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407101435.469878b7@posting.google.com>...
    > > > I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
    > > > has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
    > > > which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
    > > > I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
    > > > It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
    > > > http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/
    > >
    > > Hi Jon,
    > >
    > > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > > design template.
    > >
    > > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > > there... =)
    > >
    > > --Arnel
    >
    > I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. I like the template but
    > maybe with my few html skills, I can make it better. Thanks for the
    > info, did you like the article though?

    It's always good to see more IF reviewing happening. I haven't played
    either of the two games in question, but I was interested to read
    about them.

    If you're taking feature requests, though... I don't know how one does
    this in blogger, but I know it is possible some of the time to add an
    XML feed so that the users of things like LiveJournal can read it
    syndicated. If that's not a hassle and doesn't cost money, it would be
    a neat thing to add.

    -- Emily
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in

    > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > design template.
    >
    > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > there... =)

    Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
    happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
    life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
    related at the moment.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
    > jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
    >
    > > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > > design template.
    > >
    > > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > > there... =)
    >
    > Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
    > happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
    > life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
    > related at the moment.

    Would you please post your blog's URL, I can't find it. Thanks.

    jerryt
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
    > jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
    >
    > > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > > design template.
    > >
    > > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > > there... =)
    >
    > Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
    > happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
    > life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
    > related at the moment.
    Currently I am trying to accomplish that xml feed thing. I have one
    quesion. Do you like the current template with its colors?
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
    > jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
    >
    > > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > > design template.
    > >
    > > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > > there... =)
    >
    > Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
    > happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
    > life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
    > related at the moment.

    It runs some blogger xml feed called atom.I have the whole entire xml
    code though on the sidebar of the blog. Im not sure how the
    syndication works but all the xml code is there to be syndicated.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    Jon wrote back:
    > I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. I like the template but
    > maybe with my few html skills, I can make it better. Thanks for the
    > info, did you like the article though?

    Sure did. Reminds me of old-school SPAG reviews -- which also
    *reminds* me, have you ever given any thought on submitting reviews to
    SPAG magazine? Anytime now, Paul O'Brian's gonna announce the incoming
    issue, and most likely he'll ask for volunteers willing to review IF
    pieces. He's the 'zine's editor, BTW.

    Eventually when you learn more HTML you're bound to improve your
    site's looks, which is usually the case for beginning blog authors (me
    included).

    Didn't expect James to follow suit, though. :)

    Good luck!

    --Arnel
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407120412.723f662a@posting.google.com>...
    > James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
    > > jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
    > >
    > > > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > > > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > > > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > > > design template.
    > > >
    > > > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > > > there... =)
    > >
    > > Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
    > > happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
    > > life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
    > > related at the moment.
    >
    > It runs some blogger xml feed called atom.I have the whole entire xml
    > code though on the sidebar of the blog. Im not sure how the
    > syndication works but all the xml code is there to be syndicated.

    The blog's url is http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407120412.723f662a@posting.google.com>...
    > James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
    > > jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
    > >
    > > > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
    > > > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
    > > > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
    > > > design template.
    > > >
    > > > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
    > > > there... =)
    > >
    > > Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
    > > happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
    > > life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
    > > related at the moment.
    >
    > It runs some blogger xml feed called atom.I have the whole entire xml
    > code though on the sidebar of the blog. Im not sure how the
    > syndication works but all the xml code is there to be syndicated.

    Good news, I have so much free time, Im trying to release a review
    almost every day this week. Im accpeting recommendations for games, or
    your own reviews which I will post.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407120412.723f662a@posting.google.com>...

    > It runs some blogger xml feed called atom.I have the whole entire xml
    > code though on the sidebar of the blog. Im not sure how the
    > syndication works but all the xml code is there to be syndicated.

    Yay -- I've set up the syndication feed to LiveJournal (slybokszone). Thanks!
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?)

    jerrytee50-news@yahoo.com (jerryt) wrote in

    > Would you please post your blog's URL, I can't find it. Thanks.
    >
    > jerryt

    I already responded to this by email, but if anyone else was wondering,
    it's <http://kallisti-jam.blogspot.com>

    --
    James Mitchelhill (disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com)
    http://kallisti-jam.blogspot.com