Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/

justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407101435.469878b7@posting.google.com>...
> I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
> has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
> which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
> I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
> It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
> http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/

Hi Jon,

This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
design template.

Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
there... =)

--Arnel

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in message news:<39ff5340.0407102007.d89c426@posting.google.com>...
> justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407101435.469878b7@posting.google.com>...
> > I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
> > has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
> > which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
> > I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
> > It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
> > http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/
>
> Hi Jon,
>
> This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
> blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
> and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
> design template.
>
> Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
> there... =)
>
> --Arnel

I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. I like the template but
maybe with my few html skills, I can make it better. Thanks for the
info, did you like the article though?

justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407110700.33871150@posting.google.com>...
> jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in message news:<39ff5340.0407102007.d89c426@posting.google.com>...
> > justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407101435.469878b7@posting.google.com>...
> > > I have just recently created a blog. It concerns many topics but it
> > > has a large focus on IF. I have just recently made the first post
> > > which contains a review of a TADS game called Temple of the Orc Mage.
> > > I'd love to hear your comments on the review and the blog in general.
> > > It is titled Slybok's Zone. Here is the url:
> > > http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/
> >
> > Hi Jon,
> >
> > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
> > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
> > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
> > design template.
> >
> > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
> > there... =)
> >
> > --Arnel
>
> I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. I like the template but
> maybe with my few html skills, I can make it better. Thanks for the
> info, did you like the article though?

It's always good to see more IF reviewing happening. I haven't played
either of the two games in question, but I was interested to read
about them.

If you're taking feature requests, though... I don't know how one does
this in blogger, but I know it is possible some of the time to add an
XML feed so that the users of things like LiveJournal can read it
syndicated. If that's not a hassle and doesn't cost money, it would be
a neat thing to add.

-- Emily

jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in

> This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
> blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
> and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
> design template.
>
> Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
> there... =)

Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
related at the moment.

JerryT

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
> jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
>
> > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
> > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
> > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
> > design template.
> >
> > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
> > there... =)
>
> Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
> happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
> life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
> related at the moment.

Would you please post your blog's URL, I can't find it. Thanks.

jerryt

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
> jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
>
> > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
> > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
> > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
> > design template.
> >
> > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
> > there... =)
>
> Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
> happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
> life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
> related at the moment.
Currently I am trying to accomplish that xml feed thing. I have one
quesion. Do you like the current template with its colors?

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
> jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
>
> > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
> > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
> > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
> > design template.
> >
> > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
> > there... =)
>
> Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
> happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
> life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
> related at the moment.

It runs some blogger xml feed called atom.I have the whole entire xml
code though on the sidebar of the blog. Im not sure how the
syndication works but all the xml code is there to be syndicated.

Jon wrote back:
> I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. I like the template but
> maybe with my few html skills, I can make it better. Thanks for the
> info, did you like the article though?

Sure did. Reminds me of old-school SPAG reviews -- which also
*reminds* me, have you ever given any thought on submitting reviews to
SPAG magazine? Anytime now, Paul O'Brian's gonna announce the incoming
issue, and most likely he'll ask for volunteers willing to review IF
pieces. He's the 'zine's editor, BTW.

Eventually when you learn more HTML you're bound to improve your
site's looks, which is usually the case for beginning blog authors (me
included).

Didn't expect James to follow suit, though. :)

Good luck!

--Arnel

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

The blog's url is http://www.slybokszone.blogspot.com/

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407120412.723f662a@posting.google.com>...
> James Mitchelhill <disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95241C27639E5disorderfeed@194.168.222.120>...
> > jalespring@excite.com (Arnel Legaspi) wrote in
> >
> > > This may be a bit trivial, but are you aware that you're the third
> > > blog with topics on IF that uses the same blog template? Paul Panks'
> > > and James Mitchelhill's blog both have the same black background and
> > > design template.
> > >
> > > Not that I'm complaining but you may want to consider _other_ colors
> > > there... =)
> >
> > Obviously this state of affairs is entirely unacceptable to me. So: New
> > happier colour scheme. Which is probably the only update for a while. Real
> > life and my own IF project have got in the way of doing much else IF
> > related at the moment.
>
> It runs some blogger xml feed called atom.I have the whole entire xml
> code though on the sidebar of the blog. Im not sure how the
> syndication works but all the xml code is there to be syndicated.

Good news, I have so much free time, Im trying to release a review
almost every day this week. Im accpeting recommendations for games, or
your own reviews which I will post.

justanotherguy992003@yahoo.com (Jon) wrote in message news:<1e67be88.0407120412.723f662a@posting.google.com>...

> It runs some blogger xml feed called atom.I have the whole entire xml
> code though on the sidebar of the blog. Im not sure how the
> syndication works but all the xml code is there to be syndicated.

Yay -- I've set up the syndication feed to LiveJournal (slybokszone). Thanks!

jerrytee50-news@yahoo.com (jerryt) wrote in

> Would you please post your blog's URL, I can't find it. Thanks.
>
> jerryt

I already responded to this by email, but if anyone else was wondering,
it's <http://kallisti-jam.blogspot.com>

--
James Mitchelhill (disorder_feed@removeme.hotmail.com)
http://kallisti-jam.blogspot.com