See all msgs?

Hello. I have my OE news reader set to get 500 new messages. Usually I check
them daily and this works. But when there are more than 500, it downloads
the first 500. How can I read the excess msgs? (besides resetting the new
msgs higher).
Thanks all.

--
LMO
"If you always do what you always did,

Uncheck the box "Get xxx headers at a time"

In news:3ivqi7Fnjd5gU1@individual.net,
LMO <lmonospam@yahoo.com> typed:

> Hello. I have my OE news reader set to get 500 new messages.
> Usually
> I check them daily and this works. But when there are more than
> 500,
> it downloads the first 500. How can I read the excess msgs?
> (besides
> resetting the new msgs higher).

Why don't you want to change to a number higher than 500? In fact
I recommend unchecking that option entirely, so there's no limit.
Especially for a newsgroup as active as this one, a 500 message
limit isn't good enough.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Duh!
Thanks.

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
> Uncheck the box "Get xxx headers at a time"

> "LMO" <lmonospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello. I have my OE news reader set to get 500 new messages. Usually I
>> check them daily and this works. But when there are more than 500, it
>> downloads the first 500. How can I read the excess msgs? (besides
>> resetting the new msgs higher).
>> Thanks all.
>>
>> --
>> LMO
>> "If you always do what you always did,
>> You'll always get what you always got."

You're Welcome.

> Duh!
> Thanks.
>
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>> Uncheck the box "Get xxx headers at a time"
>>
>> --

>> "LMO" <lmonospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello. I have my OE news reader set to get 500 new messages. Usually I
>>> check them daily and this works. But when there are more than 500, it
>>> downloads the first 500. How can I read the excess msgs? (besides
>>> resetting the new msgs higher).
>>> Thanks all.
>>>
>>> --
>>> LMO
>>> "If you always do what you always did,
>>> You'll always get what you always got."

Have a look on the tools menu.

"LMO" <lmonospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3ivqi7Fnjd5gU1@individual.net...
> Hello. I have my OE news reader set to get 500 new messages. Usually I check
> them daily and this works. But when there are more than 500, it downloads
> the first 500. How can I read the excess msgs? (besides resetting the new
> msgs higher).
> Thanks all.
>
> --
> LMO