Where is wia in windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositivelyMe

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
I type services.msc in "search programs and files" and nothing comes up! Attempting to check WIA settings in services to enable scanning as nothing else has worked. (please don't tell me to plug in my printer/scanner or USB!)

OK, I won't. But if you don't it's a surefire guarantee that you'll never be able to scan anything. However, what happened when you installed the driver that came with the scanner?

PositivelyMe

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
It installs properly. Then I click on HP, chose HP Scan and a window opens saying scanner communication could not be established, then goes on for two more paragraphs describing how to make sure your scanner is plugged in, and if wireless to make sure to update the IP address to eliminate conflict.

When I attempt to open through Windows Fax and Scan as an alternative, I click on "New Scan" it says: Could Not Complete Scan.

The frustrating thing is nothing is different than 3 weeks ago (when I could scan) except for the fact that my computer just came back from HP - they "fixed" it because it kept crashing.

A possibility I noticed in online searches was a problem with WIA settings. It said to type "services" in the search/ run... I did. Got a window saying I don't have permission to access that area. Hellow! It's my computer! That is very frustrating to me when I don't have access to something in my own computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS