Half-Life 2/ Steam Problems

I just reinstalled WinXP and updated to SP2, now I can't connect to Steam to
install HL2. Before when I had only WinXP and SP1, I was able to connect just
fine. I have tried setting the Windows Firewall to allow Steam access.
(Didn't work) Tried turning off the Firewall altogether (didn't work). Now
trying to figure out how to forward the ports that Steam says they use, but I
am getting confused. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about half life steam problems

    Your best bet would be to check Steam's help and support page.

    For your convenience, I've included a link that will take you to a help page
    that may be of some use. (Ignore the fact that it's a "tiny url" - that's
    only because this link would have been quite long otherwise).

    http://www.tinyurl.com/87ljh

    Hope that helps!

    -Chris Poirier
    MVP - MSN.com

    "shadow_3423" <shadow_3423@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just reinstalled WinXP and updated to SP2, now I can't connect to Steam
    > install HL2. Before when I had only WinXP and SP1, I was able to connect
    > just
    > fine. I have tried setting the Windows Firewall to allow Steam access.
    > (Didn't work) Tried turning off the Firewall altogether (didn't work). Now
    > trying to figure out how to forward the ports that Steam says they use,
    > but I
    > am getting confused. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Connection Firewalls Steam Video Games