Sign in with
Your question

I'm getting a weird shadow/smudge problem with my Viewsonic

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 27, 2007 11:16:46 AM

Viewsonic VX2025 LCD. At first I got these visible waves (lines) down the screen and I would get shadowing/smudging after letters/icons/e.t.c. We found out that the former problem was due to electrical interference and we fixed that but we don't know how to get rid of the shadow/smudging problem. It's like you can see double after an icon and after words you can see the last two/three letters of that word shifted a bit to the right of the original position of the word. It's an on and off problem, I don't know what causes it. Usually I switch off the power from the monitor for a few minutes to get rid of it thus I thought it was due to the monitor overheating as everytime it happened the monitor was pretty hot, but that's not the case now as it's ice cool and I just got the problem again. I've updated the drivers so it's not that. I would appreciate any help with this problem.
a b C Monitor
January 27, 2007 2:43:39 PM

Sounds like ghosting which is odd on a DVI-D signal/connection I would think. You might consider returning it as defective and trying for an exchange... or if that is not an option buying another DVI-D cable (if it is even the cable).
January 29, 2007 9:52:55 PM

It has d-sub too, and he didn't mention what kind of connector he utilized. It sounds very much like analog signal interference to me, so if he's using d-sub, I would suggest buying a DVI-D cable and using that, unless the video card doesn't support it, then just get another cable and see if it fixes the prob.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
June 9, 2011 4:30:28 PM

The smearing / ghosting issue slowly evolved on my ViewSonioc Monitor with use. The solution I found was to disconnect, and reconnect both the input, and power cords at the monitor. These steps solved the issue. The computer was running while I did this.
!