Remote Assistance

Hello again,
I have a system with a brand new XP Pro installation, my problem is with
Remote Assistance. It shows up undert Programs and I need to have it removed.
Unistalled if possible. The idea is good, but it gives away a whole bunch of
information about the systems and the Domain it is connected to.
I already disabled the option to ask for assistance, but the part where the
user can read info in "My Computer Information" and "Advanced System
Information", that I need to dissable or completely remove.
I really appreciate your help.

V.
3 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance

    In news:33B0E77F-75D4-4876-9F8A-432029B3D87D@microsoft.com,
    Vic <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Hello again,
    > I have a system with a brand new XP Pro installation, my problem is
    > with Remote Assistance. It shows up undert Programs and I need to
    > have it removed. Unistalled if possible. The idea is good, but it
    > gives away a whole bunch of information about the systems and the
    > Domain it is connected to.
    > I already disabled the option to ask for assistance, but the part
    > where the user can read info in "My Computer Information" and
    > "Advanced System Information", that I need to dissable or completely
    > remove.
    > I really appreciate your help.
    >
    > V.

    How to configure or disable Solicited Remote Assistance in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx%3Fscid%3Dkb%3Ben-us%3B306496%26sd%3Dtech&e=9797

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Thanks for the prompt reply Galen, but the page you point me to "cannot be
    found".
    One more thing Sir, like I said in my original note, I already disabled the
    remote part, I want to make sure that no information regarding the system is
    available to anybody. That is why I would like to remove the Remote
    Assistance if possible.

    Thanks again.

    V.

    In news:E977D9B8-9CA2-4E25-8BDE-3A33E6D0CB6C@microsoft.com,
    Vic <Vic@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Thanks for the prompt reply Galen, but the page you point me to
    > "cannot be found".
    > One more thing Sir, like I said in my original note, I already
    > disabled the remote part, I want to make sure that no information
    > regarding the system is available to anybody. That is why I would
    > like to remove the Remote Assistance if possible.
    >
    > Thanks again.

    How annoying. It is down. Sheesh. It was there yesterday because I read it
    before giving you the link and it was long enough to make it so that I
    didn't want to type it all out.

    Okay, start > run > gpedit.msc
    Computer Config > Admin temp > System > Remote Assistance

    There's two things in there that you can turn off. When a user then attempts
    to use remote assistance they'll get an error message saying that they
    haven't permission (or something to that effect) to do so and to contact
    their admin. It will prevent any usage (you are able to then likely delete
    the icons/shortcuts if you would like) which is about the best I can find
    for you. Another step to take would be (and I don't think that this is
    overkill so it's seemingly a good idea to me though I should warn you I've
    never actually DONE this <g> as I've never had a reason to) to disable the
    Remote Desktop Help Session Manager service.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

Microsoft Windows XP