IF for language learning

Hi all,

from time to time i feel the desire to learn a
new language, but usually i just lack the motivation
to do a course :-)

I think thats a point where (IF) games could help.

Does someone know a few free,good and not too complicated
(especially on a language level) IF games in
nearly anything but german and english ?

IF with a few simple pictures (like C64 Hobbit)
would probably be even better...

Platform would be Windows or anything emulatable
on it...

thanks a lot,
--
Andreas
1 answer Last reply

    Andreas Koch wrote:

    > I think thats a point where (IF) games could help.

    Heh, I think most of the people on the Italian ng started learning
    English to play The Hobbit, Twin Kingdoms Valley and later the Infocom
    classics...

    > Does someone know a few free,good and not too complicated
    > (especially on a language level) IF games in
    > nearly anything but german and english ?

    I'm sure there's a lot of stuff in Spanish, what I know for sure is that
    there are at least a dozen worthwhile adventures in Italian. check out:
    http://www.ifitalia.info/

    and especially
    http://www.ifitalia.info/portale/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9

    you can start with "avventura", a translation of the old Adventure.
    There's also a translation of the well-known Filaments. Among the other
    original works, "Flamel", the short "artificiere", "Enigma", "Non sarà
    un'avventura" and many others...

    ciao

Desire Games Video Games