Problem with Shortcut - updater.lnk

I am having trouble finding any information on this issue. There is more than
one user getting this error message. The message reads:

"Problem with Shortcut
The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'updater.lnk' refers to is
unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network
resource is available, and then try again."

It occurs at startup after the user logs on. I even looked in the Microsoft
KB, but no luck. I'm not sure if I should trust any other sources online.
Thanks for reading.
Kristi

Kristi <Kristi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having trouble finding any information on this issue. There is more than
>one user getting this error message. The message reads:
>
>"Problem with Shortcut
>The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'updater.lnk' refers to is
>unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network
>resource is available, and then try again."

There is an invalid entry in your startup settings. See "How to
Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Modify the
List of Programs that Run When You Start Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488).

--