Problem with Level 9 DOS game

Last response: in Video Games
July 20, 2004 7:26:40 AM

I recently downloaded "Gnome Ranger" from Home of the Underdogs. It's
a DOS version that runs full-screen rather than in a window. When the
game ends it gives you the option to restore, undo, and restart, but
not to QUIT. When I type "quit" the game asks "do you really want to
restart?" which I don't - I really want to quit. So my question is,
does anyone know how to stop the program safely? I've tried every key
on the keyboard and nothing works except a rather extreme
ctrl-alt-delete.

Thanks in advance,
J. J. Guest

More about : problem level dos game

Anonymous
July 20, 2004 2:40:07 PM

On 20 Jul 2004 03:26:40 -0700, jason_guest@hotmail.com (J. J. Guest)
wrote:

>I recently downloaded "Gnome Ranger" from Home of the Underdogs. It's
>a DOS version that runs full-screen rather than in a window. When the
>game ends it gives you the option to restore, undo, and restart, but
>not to QUIT. When I type "quit" the game asks "do you really want to
>restart?" which I don't - I really want to quit. So my question is,
>does anyone know how to stop the program safely? I've tried every key
>on the keyboard and nothing works except a rather extreme
>ctrl-alt-delete.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>J. J. Guest
Ctrl-C, IIRC.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 10:11:05 PM

> So my question is, does anyone know how to stop the program safely?
> I've tried every key on the keyboard and nothing works except a
> rather extreme ctrl-alt-delete.

Press alt-return to switch the DOS box back to a normal window, then
close the window, or play the game with the Windows port of the
Level9 interpreter:
http://mirror.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXlevel9Xi...

David
!