Cannot copy files during windows xp install..

Hey,
Having a problem installing windows xp. I just bought a new pc and i
am trying to install windows but after the disk formats and is setting
up windows a msg comes up saying that cannot copy file.xxx. I change
the hd and rom drive and tried a few different cds and same thing
happens. Is it ram?, if not what else can it be and how to fix?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-copy-files-windows-xp-install-ftopict553364.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1755821
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot copy files windows install

    Is it a retail version of Windows XP, or an OEM version which cannot be installed to any
    system other than the one it was delivered with?
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    "DAMD" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    > Having a problem installing windows xp. I just bought a new pc and i
    > am trying to install windows but after the disk formats and is setting
    > up windows a msg comes up saying that cannot copy file.xxx. I change
    > the hd and rom drive and tried a few different cds and same thing
    > happens. Is it ram?, if not what else can it be and how to fix?

    > Topic URL:
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-copy-files-windows-xp-install-ftopict55336
    4.html
    http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1755821

    To rule out if it is the CD copy the full directory to the hard drive and
    install from there.

    DAMD <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in news:3_1755821
    _c6b0e30f8950567cf875097f4ce47f8f@windowsforumz.com:

    > Hey,
    > Having a problem installing windows xp. I just bought a new pc and i
    > am trying to install windows but after the disk formats and is setting
    > up windows a msg comes up saying that cannot copy file.xxx. I change
    > the hd and rom drive and tried a few different cds and same thing
    > happens. Is it ram?, if not what else can it be and how to fix?

Microsoft Windows XP