ranjay91

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Hello just wanted to let everybody know i have successfully set up a server with a Dell Dimension 4100I MOBO and it screams if you want details let me know. The reason for this forum is that this mobo was designed for windows xp. and there are no drivers to be found for server 2008. however there is a way around the driver issue

Dimension 4100I Pentium 4 2.80ghz cores:1, 3x 256MB Ram.
Hard to believe but she screams
Roles:
File Services
Web Server IIS

ranjay91

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
been using it for a while now and no issues what so ever. i love this machine no overheating, stalling,crashing, etc. Ive launched a couple websites now with iis and its performing much better than i had anticipated

I thought there was something I was missing as I read it also. Later I found this...
"A Web server can be either a computer program or a computer running a program that is responsible for accepting HTTP requests from clients, serving back HTTP responses along with optional data contents, which usually are web pages such as HTML documents and linked objects on it. An application server is the kind of software engine that will deliver various applications to another device. It is the kind of computer found in an office or university network that allows everyone in the network to run software off of the same machine."
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Application_Server_vs_Web_Server
It goes into more detail there too - just clarifying since I learned something I was not aware of