Missing Operating System - Kaspersky

Hunter96x

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
I have been struggling the past week or so with a boot up problem on my HP Pavilion G7 laptop

My problem is dealing with the classpnp.sys hang up... and I did my research and found that loading it with Kaspersky Rescue Disc 10 and fixing the corrupt files may get it back working.

After trouble shooting as many methods as I can find on dealing with this boot up error, I tried using that Kaspersky method as what will be my last resort before I send it off to get fixed... sadly paying money for it... unless you guys can help me out.

From my understanding you can use just a regular USB stick for using Kaspersky... if that is possible I was going to use a simple 16 GB stick. I think I followed every step correctly by formatting it to FAT 32 and recording it properly according to the Kaspersky website.. but when I insert it to my computer and set the boot order in the correct order... it shows up as "Missing Operating System_"

I was wondering if I might be doing something wrong? Any idea what I can do to get this computer to load through Kaspersky?

Also, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section... but I figured since my computer is having trouble booting Windows 7 this is where it belongs.

Thanks, and I appreciate any support I can get.

rdc85

Honorable
To make USB drive boot able, it'll need to create boot able system files inside the USB drive....

So u had problems with win7 constant crashing... (caused by virus infection)
U think repair by using Kaspersky repair disk will fix the problems..
U need help for creating Kaspersky repair disk?

btw create the rescue disk in other healthy computer is highly recommended... (so no infection is happening)

Had u download the
http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso iso and the
http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/rescue2usb.exe USB utility?

use the utility to burn the iso into USB drive... and set boot from USB drive (sometimes it listed not as USB drive but the name of the drive example Kingston XXXX, or etc)

Is anything of this step missed/error