% of questions asked

Hi. Just curious.
What percent of the daily (24 hr) questions do you think are common ones that have been asked hundreds and/or thousands of times. On average. Without the obvious calculations that involve the number of MVP's multiplied by the time that each has spent on this forum over the years..........And including this one:)
deango

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uiwjqxZgFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
deango <Deango@nospamtoday.com> had this to say:

> Hi. Just curious.
> What percent of the daily (24 hr) questions do you think are common
> ones that have been asked hundreds and/or thousands of times. On
> average. Without the obvious calculations that involve the number
> of MVP's multiplied by the time that each has spent on this forum
> over the years..........And including this one:)
> deango

So many of them are asked over and over that it's in your best interest to
use a clipboard manager - I guess I'd put it that way. I have about 500
answers loaded with the pressing of CRTL + SHIFT + "P" (my "paste" key
combination of choice) and I'd say that 75% of the answers come from in
there with a bit of text added. I am just making that number up and that
number may be skewed in that I keep all the answers I've given that I think
someone might ask again saved in there. So it's more likely that I see/note
them. Some are really common and asked multiple times per day in the same
group. Others I see two or three times a week. And still others groups have
a high percentage of repeated questions - the Office or specifically the
Outlook groups seem to have a lot of repeats. Search engines just aren't
popular enough. <g>

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:33:42 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have about 500
>answers loaded with the pressing of CRTL + SHIFT + "P" (my "paste" key
>combination of choice) and I'd say that 75% of the answers come from in
>there with a bit of text added.

You're not the only person who does that. Usually it's a boon,
letting experts answer far more questions than would be possible
with fully customized answers.

But I have noticed that some experts occasionally post a canned
answer that doesn't apply. For instance, a
more-than-usually-conscientious questioner says "I tried (the usual
remedy) and got this error message" and then someone else with an
itchy trigger finger posts a message that says "try (the usual
remedy)".

Of course no one's perfect, and this is a service that experts offer
out of the goodness of their hearts.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond to such a sorta dumb personal question.
You all do a really fantastic job and have saved my tail so many times I can no longer count them.
I do wait for as much input as possible now as some of the quick responses can make things worse.

Except from Alex of course, he just always seemed to read my mind and had the answer at his fingertips...............Thanks again, sorry to take up so much time and space. deango
deango wrote:
> Hi. Just curious.

TRENDING THREADS