Can database file synchronization be disabled in Windows B..

I have older database files (MDB) that are in some folders that I try to copy
to a Briefcase folder. I would like Briefcase to treat database files like
regular files. I do not want to update the database files.

The Briefcase error that I get is "Briefcase cannot directly work with
databases created by a previous version of the Microsoft Jet database engine.
Use the conversion feature in your application to convert the database to the
current version."

--
Harold

dl

By "I do not want to update the database files" I assume you mean you are
not amending these files in any way - even by opening - if that is the case
why store them in the Briefcase?

"H B Payne" <HBPayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have older database files (MDB) that are in some folders that I try to
copy
> to a Briefcase folder. I would like Briefcase to treat database files like
> regular files. I do not want to update the database files.
>
> The Briefcase error that I get is "Briefcase cannot directly work with
> databases created by a previous version of the Microsoft Jet database
engine.
> Use the conversion feature in your application to convert the database to
the
> current version."
>
> --
> Harold

I'm using Briefcase for work files and to do simple backup on some older
stuff which happen to have older databases and applications that use them.

--
Harold

"DL" wrote:

> By "I do not want to update the database files" I assume you mean you are
> not amending these files in any way - even by opening - if that is the case
> why store them in the Briefcase?
>
> "H B Payne" <HBPayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have older database files (MDB) that are in some folders that I try to
> copy
> > to a Briefcase folder. I would like Briefcase to treat database files like
> > regular files. I do not want to update the database files.
> >
> > The Briefcase error that I get is "Briefcase cannot directly work with
> > databases created by a previous version of the Microsoft Jet database
> engine.
> > Use the conversion feature in your application to convert the database to
> the
> > current version."
> >
> > --
> > Harold

dl

Then perhaps you should use a specific backup app for these files, and not
briefcase, since unless you open the access files then save them in the
latest version installed on your pc briefcase obviously wont work on these
'old' mdb files.