Stuck on blue loading screen

July 5, 2005 5:47:31 PM

Yesterday, I acquired the "istsvc" spyware, and could not get rid of it. I
ran an anti-spyware program, and it said it would run again when I restarted
my computer to finish the job. I restarted my computer, and it never finished
booting.

It goes to the black screen with the Windows logo and the blue scrolling
line just fine. Then it goes to the light blue screen with the dark blue
borders and the words Microsoft Windows XP in the middle, and just stops. I
know it is not frozen because there is a mouse pointer on-screen that I can
still move. It stops at this same point no matter what mode I try to load in.
I am using XP Home SP2.
July 5, 2005 5:53:04 PM

Istsrv is one of the hardest thing to get rid of but there's a way, you can
download the zone alarm firewall to use the program function to disable the
..exe it runs, or any other fire wall witht the ability to block programs from
running, be sure to block the server, and internet pirorities too,
INCARCERATION!!!!!
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 7:34:03 PM

I have found several removal programs to remove istsvc. I think I can remove
it once I get my computer booting again. The problem is I cannot boot into
Windows. It always stops at the light blue loading screen with the Winodws XP
logo (not the BSOD).

"Pat" wrote:

> Istsrv is one of the hardest thing to get rid of but there's a way, you can
> download the zone alarm firewall to use the program function to disable the
> .exe it runs, or any other fire wall witht the ability to block programs from
> running, be sure to block the server, and internet pirorities too,
> INCARCERATION!!!!!
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 7:34:04 PM

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode (F8 on boot), and just before the Safe Mode desktop
loads, opting in the dialog box to go directly to System Restore, and then restoring from
a restore point from a date PRIOR to the infection? If that works, and the system restore
is successful, and boots back into Normal Mode after the restore, then use whatever
removal utilities you have to get rid of remnants of the infection.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

!