Differences in versions of windows distributed in Australia

Jetstream

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005

Question... this seems like it should be simple to find out but haven't
tracked it down yet...

Are there differences between the versions of Windows distributed in
Australia and the US? Have customers in Australia that are having problems
we cannot reproduce and do not see in US. If so, is there a resource that
discusses those differences?

Thanks in advance...

"Jetstream" <nospam@spammenot.com> wrote in message
> Question... this seems like it should be simple to find out but haven't
> tracked it down yet...
>
> Are there differences between the versions of Windows distributed in
> Australia and the US? Have customers in Australia that are having
> problems
> we cannot reproduce and do not see in US. If so, is there a resource that
> discusses those differences?
>
> Thanks in advance...

Other then language difference the products are the same code underneath.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Jetstream" <nospam@spammenot.com> wrote in message
> Question... this seems like it should be simple to find out but haven't
> tracked it down yet...
>
> Are there differences between the versions of Windows distributed in
> Australia and the US? Have customers in Australia that are having
> problems
> we cannot reproduce and do not see in US. If so, is there a resource that
> discusses those differences?
>
> Thanks in advance...

Jetstream

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005

Hi Mike -

Thanks for your response. Are the language differences you refer to
embedded in the product (thus making it a different version of Windows) or
are you referring to setting the language in the control panel settings?

Thanks.

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:

> "Jetstream" <nospam@spammenot.com> wrote in message
> > Question... this seems like it should be simple to find out but haven't
> > tracked it down yet...
> >
> > Are there differences between the versions of Windows distributed in
> > Australia and the US? Have customers in Australia that are having
> > problems
> > we cannot reproduce and do not see in US. If so, is there a resource that
> > discusses those differences?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
>
> Other then language difference the products are the same code underneath.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "Jetstream" <nospam@spammenot.com> wrote in message
> > Question... this seems like it should be simple to find out but haven't
> > tracked it down yet...
> >
> > Are there differences between the versions of Windows distributed in
> > Australia and the US? Have customers in Australia that are having
> > problems
> > we cannot reproduce and do not see in US. If so, is there a resource that
> > discusses those differences?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...

There are no differences.