Theresa

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

when i play certain games why does my pc turn off then when i turn it back
on i get a message saying restore active desktop

First thing to try is disabling Active Desktop.

"theresa" wrote:

> when i play certain games why does my pc turn off then when i turn it back
> on i get a message saying restore active desktop

Hello,

Most probably you are getting a BSOD which in turn is automatically restarting your machine. To get
to the root of the problem, you have to read the error message from the BSOD. To NOT restart your
machine after a BSOD, follow these steps:

1) Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2) Click the Advanced tab.
3) Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4) Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5) Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol