Removing user names on the login screen.

July 5, 2005 7:25:02 PM

I have some xp machines on a peer to peer setup. One computer is basically
acting as a server. I need to know how to remove all the user names from the
login screen. To a crtl alt delete login setup? Does anyone know how to make
these changes?
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:38:59 PM

In news:3666E57A-DC0D-4523-9A41-BEEC6C2DFB7A@microsoft.com,
Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I have some xp machines on a peer to peer setup. One computer is
> basically acting as a server. I need to know how to remove all the
> user names from the login screen. To a crtl alt delete login setup?
> Does anyone know how to make these changes?

While logged in as an admin, go to Control panel --> user accounts. Select
Change the way users log on/off...and also disable fast user switching.

This is from memory, sorry - I'm on an XP Pro box joined to a domain, so I
can't look at the exact dialog box for you.
July 5, 2005 10:39:00 PM

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:3666E57A-DC0D-4523-9A41-BEEC6C2DFB7A@microsoft.com,
> Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > I have some xp machines on a peer to peer setup. One computer is
> > basically acting as a server. I need to know how to remove all the
> > user names from the login screen. To a crtl alt delete login setup?
> > Does anyone know how to make these changes?
>
> While logged in as an admin, go to Control panel --> user accounts. Select
> Change the way users log on/off...and also disable fast user switching.
>
> This is from memory, sorry - I'm on an XP Pro box joined to a domain, so I
> can't look at the exact dialog box for you.

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 3:09:51 AM

In news:3E47E98B-751C-478B-96F1-3A6B6FA168D3@microsoft.com,
Ron <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

Whew! So my memory isn't all that bad. Glad to help.

!