ATL.dll error screen..Help please

terry

Win XP Pro (upgrade from Win98SE)

FAT32 now

This repeat post is due to me not giving correct info' previously

I clean installed Win 98se then upgraded to XP Pro recently.
After solving driver issues etc. Xp was OK.
Now I have a message box appear on startup on the desktop as follows:
"cannot run Unicode version of ATL.DLL on WIN 95. Please install correct
version".
The PC works fine ...all I do is click "OK" & the Message box goes.

I do not have win 95 any where.
I have several ATL.DLL files in varius places on my hard drive, with
different applications & all very nearly the same versions.

TIA

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Terry wrote:

> Win XP Pro (upgrade from Win98SE)
>
> FAT32 now
>
> This repeat post is due to me not giving correct info' previously
>
> I clean installed Win 98se then upgraded to XP Pro recently.
> After solving driver issues etc. Xp was OK.
> Now I have a message box appear on startup on the desktop as follows:
> "cannot run Unicode version of ATL.DLL on WIN 95. Please install correct
> version".
> The PC works fine ...all I do is click "OK" & the Message box goes.
>
> I do not have win 95 any where.
> I have several ATL.DLL files in varius places on my hard drive, with
> different applications & all very nearly the same versions.
>
> TIA

Do some clean boot troubleshooting to find out what is loading this
atl.dll file.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User