ATL.dll error screen..Help please

Win XP Pro (upgrade from Win98SE)

FAT32 now

This repeat post is due to me not giving correct info' previously

I clean installed Win 98se then upgraded to XP Pro recently.
After solving driver issues etc. Xp was OK.
Now I have a message box appear on startup on the desktop as follows:
"cannot run Unicode version of ATL.DLL on WIN 95. Please install correct
version".
The PC works fine ...all I do is click "OK" & the Message box goes.

I do not have win 95 any where.
I have several ATL.DLL files in varius places on my hard drive, with
different applications & all very nearly the same versions.

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about error screen help please

    Terry wrote:

    > Win XP Pro (upgrade from Win98SE)
    >
    > FAT32 now
    >
    > This repeat post is due to me not giving correct info' previously
    >
    > I clean installed Win 98se then upgraded to XP Pro recently.
    > After solving driver issues etc. Xp was OK.
    > Now I have a message box appear on startup on the desktop as follows:
    > "cannot run Unicode version of ATL.DLL on WIN 95. Please install correct
    > version".
    > The PC works fine ...all I do is click "OK" & the Message box goes.
    >
    > I do not have win 95 any where.
    > I have several ATL.DLL files in varius places on my hard drive, with
    > different applications & all very nearly the same versions.
    >
    > TIA

    Do some clean boot troubleshooting to find out what is loading this
    atl.dll file.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User