Philyteach

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2004
Hi everyone. I've got a problem here that I can't figure out. I have two LiteOn SOHW-832S Dvd-rws. I would like to be able to use them to do multiple dvd recordings at the same same time. While I can do this under both Nero 6 and Veritas, the recording speed drops to 1.4 x instead of 8x.

A little bit about my system. 500 watt power supply. 1 gig of ram. MSI KT6 Delta LSR mother board. Maxtor 250 gig DMA6 on primary ide master. Maxtor 200 gig DMA 6 on primary as slave. I have had both dvd writer on the secondard controller as DMA 2. I have also split them off so that one is master on the secondard and the other is master on a PCI Promise 133 ide controller. As far as I can find all ide drivers are up to date.

I can't figure out why my speeds are so slow when using them together. Any ideas or suggestions will be most appreciated.

pepokun

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2003
Hi
Did you connect the drives to the same cable?, if yes, may be you need to use a different connector or port.

Hope this helps

Philyteach

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2004
Pepokun,
I've had them on the same cable, on the same controller and on seperate cables as masters on 2 different controllers.

Thanks for the reply,

PhilyT