Toshiba laptop screen outage

My Toshiba laptop screen has been jumping for a while and I was able to push on the screen and make it stop, but yesterday, I turned my laptop on and it wouldn't stop jumping, and then it went completely black and won't come back on, what is the reason for this and what can I do to fix it?
4 answers Last reply
More about toshiba laptop screen outage
  1. Jumping? Could you explain that in more detail?

Have you tried hooking your notebook up to an external monitor?
  2. jumping, like the screen was messing up and lines were covering it to the point i couldn't see anything. Yeah, i hooked it up to an external monitor, i got the xp splash screen, but it wouldnt boot any farther, just restart from there
  3. Either a virus or a video malfunction. Try taking out your hard disk and booting to a live CD of a linux distro and see if the problem continues.
  4. frozenlead said:
    Either a virus or a video malfunction. Try taking out your hard disk and booting to a live CD of a linux distro and see if the problem continues.

i dont understand hat you mean by linux distro what is that the reason im asking my laptop screen is doing thesame thing it just started doing that yesterday and i dont know what to do
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptop Screen Toshiba Laptops