Can not change order of Icons in Quick Launch Taskbar

Have XP Home Edition with all current updates. Do not have toolbars
locked.
By mistake, moved the whole Quick Launch Taskbar and lost it. When I went
to Start > Properties > and enabled Show Quick Launch, I got it back with
all my icons. The problem is that they are no longer displayed in the
order
that I want and I can not drag them to change the order. Sometime in the
past, I was able to drag them to change their order. Again, I do not have
the toolbars lock set. I went to ...my application
data\Microsoft\IE\Quick
Launch and changed the sort order of the folder but it did not change the
display order when I rebooted the system. Any ideas on how I can change
the order?

Dale Cox

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

dcox5 wrote:

> Have XP Home Edition with all current updates. Do not have toolbars
> locked.
> By mistake, moved the whole Quick Launch Taskbar and lost it. When I went
> to Start > Properties > and enabled Show Quick Launch, I got it back with
> all my icons. The problem is that they are no longer displayed in the
> order
> that I want and I can not drag them to change the order. Sometime in the
> past, I was able to drag them to change their order. Again, I do not have
> the toolbars lock set. I went to ...my application
> data\Microsoft\IE\Quick
> Launch and changed the sort order of the folder but it did not change the
> display order when I rebooted the system. Any ideas on how I can change
> the order?
>
> Dale Cox

Drag all of them off the quicklaunch bar, then add them back one by one
in the order you want?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User