Solved

Help, laptop glitching. . .freezing.

So I bought a new laptop from walmart about a week ago (still have 10days to return it). . . . .
And was wondering, should I take it back or try to turn it into a linux laptop?

So far, I've done my best to keep it clean (Antivirus scans. Cleaning, etc. etc.) yet ever since I got it home and opened it up, it's turned out to be the slowest piece of junk I have ever seen in my life, flash player glitches like mad, it freezes for up to 10minutes+ when opening windows media player, and pretty much every task imaginable is slower than molasses on it. . . . .

If your wondering the specs it's running relatively decent ammount of DDR3 1066mhz memory
And an E-300 APU.

The scary part is when I first got it home it ran steam well, now it's even messing up with that! ;~;

And I swear, it's in good condition to, not smashed, not scratched, perfect cosmetic condition. D8

Help please?
I'm sure I should take it back, and just get a different one but I'm very very indecisive and uncertain.

Any help is appreciated.
PS: I hope this isn;t the wrong forum category, mobile only lists acer and uhm mobile. . . . . .
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help laptop glitching freezing
  1. Best answer
    It does sound as though some fundamental part of the laptop is not being cooperative with other parts. Being this new and all, that is a problem and personally, I would exchange it.
  2. Best answer selected by crosei.
  3. Thank you kindly, I have already exchanged it and just recently grabbed an older (but much more durable/trustier) Dell Latitude E6400 for 180$ (193$ after Taxes).

So far so good now.

(Edited, it's a Latitude, but hearing the word dell makes me think Inspiron. o-o)
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Mobile Computing