external enclosure

scotoma

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
Anyone know where to score an external enclosure that works with sata hds? Seems all that are around only accept IDE. A good one would include USB2.0 and sata outputs. I have not been able to find one, but maybe I am just getting caught up on terminology.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

scotoma

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
D'oh! I didn't see the other poster, Woz, looking for the same thing!

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

krazynutz

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
you could check out my post in woz's thread or take a lookie <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-155-101&depa=0" target="_new">here</A> and go for the true SATA exclosure, but without USB 2.0.

<font color=blue>This guy here is <i><b>dead!</b></i></font color=blue>
<font color=red>Cross him <i><b>off</b></i> then.

scotoma

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
thanks. need the portablility of usb or firewire, like woz. I was tossing around the idea, and I am not sure if this is what another poster was trying to say, of getting a cheap server hd tray and pulling out the guts to connect to the hd. then plug that ide connection into the external enclosure to get my desired outputs (usb, and sata). Not sure what will happen by going from sata to ide back to sata or usb though. I may only cost 15 or 20 to find out though. Any thoughts?

scotoma

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
that may be a good one if I decide to attempt what i stated in my last post. My problem is that I already have the sata drive. I may endup waiting another month or two as my livlyhood does not depend op it. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS