Input on buying a laptop
Hello, I'm buying a laptop for everyday use, mainly because I'm starting up college, but really I'll be using it for graphic art and gaming and all that too. So I'm looking for a good laptop for the price I'm willing to pay. Hopefully under 1000 but a little over isn't bad. I just want to know what I'm buying is more than worth what I'm paying. So any help? I've been looking at the Sony ones but I'm open to any advice you can give.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
above 15 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
really good resolution
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
at least 4 hours hopefully more
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, I don't know what games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo/Video Editing, Graphic Art & Design, Schoolwork and internet surfing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I'm hoping for over 500 gb hard drive
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
At least DVD/CD
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't like HP, I like Macs but they are really expensive. I like Sony, Toshiba and Samsung. But the brand really doesn't matter if I find a laptop for a reasonable price with everything I'm looking for.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.
Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?